• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.224 Valkyrie

Tim at Mlitary Arms Channel took the first buck in the world today with the .224 Valkyrie. His Instagram page shows some really nice expansion. Hopefully he will measure and weigh it. This round really seems promising. I have a rifle I've been considering converting to 6.5G... may do this instead.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

What issues? and what bias? as far as Im concerened Jim's data is on point.
If you use comparable bullets the performance gain from the 224 is marginal not the landslide they would like you to believe. There's only so much case capacity you can have in a double stack ar mag and still meet overall length constraints. So basically if you are launching the same weight bullet with the same powder the only variable becomes the bc. The smaller caliber can be longer for the same weight so better bc. That's where the gains in the 224 come from. My issue was with the wild disparity in bullet weight that was used for comparing the 6.5-grendel. A much heavier bullet was used than is considered normal for caliber thus skewing the results more heavily in the 224 favor. I've already given all the numbers earlier. I don't care which round is best, I just have a problem when poor/skewed statistical data is used.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom