• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.22LR Ammo questions

Csanino

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
134   0
Reaction score
Just acquired a .22LR pistol for plinking. Trying to see what people's recommendations are regarding ammo for a .22LR 4" barrel Semiauto. Also, would HP or FMJ work better. Not looking for any match grade ammo, but would like something in between standard cheap bulk ammo and match. Dont mind spending the extra coin on better ammo, as long as I get more consistent ammo.

-Carlo

Just acquired a .22LR pistol for plinking. Trying to see what people's recommendations are regarding ammo for a .22LR 4" barrel Semiauto. Also, would HP or FMJ work better. Not looking for any match grade ammo, but would like something in between standard cheap bulk ammo and match. Dont mind spending the extra coin on better ammo, as long as I get more consistent ammo.

-Carlo

What pistol is it? Some brands do not match up with some brands of ammo.

if its your only 22... buy some 50 rnd or 100 rnd boxes of various brands. Be patient and hope you got a "good" tec-22. The one my uncle had only worked with high velocity ammo. Even then, reliability was so-so

if its your only 22... buy some 50 rnd or 100 rnd boxes of various brands. Be patient and hope you got a "good" tec-22. The one my uncle had only worked with high velocity ammo. Even then, reliability was so-so

Yeah, i got it for a good enough price that Im willing to experiment with it. I read Soviet's post about making it more reliable, so I ordered the Volquartsen extractor, and will be polishing the hammer. Will also be running BX-25's too.

Shot is this sunday, out of 100 rnds, prob had about 5-6 jams. more twards the later of the day which racking the action, you could feel it getting super dirty.

-Carlo

A good 22 will run when dirty, my 15-22 went about 4k rounds w no cleaning and I intentionally sprayed it with oil to see if fouling would cause probs but it didn't.

cci if. you have a fussy gun, federal auto match and Winchester 333/555 have performed in. the 15-22 flawlessly and less problems than cci.

Back
Top Bottom