• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

22lr for home/self defense?

A 22 may actually be worse than nothing at all. If you think a 22 will stop an attack you are less likely to run the f**k away, which is a better survival strategy than sticking around when all you have is a 22.

Exactly. I agree 100%! :thumb:

I will make the same challenge here that I have made to over 1000 firearms instructors.

Give me ONE example of a PRIVATE CITIZEN who was injured or killed after shooting their attacker with a .22. I have hundreds of examples of incidents where .22s worked just fine. Incidents involving law enforcement trying to take a criminal into custody or military personnel shooting fanatical savages overseas are NOT germane to this research.

I'm waiting.

running away just lets the bad guy shoot you in the back instead of the chest. Either way... I am taking the gun I have closest to me at the time.. dumping the mag or die trying

22caliber.jpg
Forensic Replica Skull with .22 Caliber Gunshot Wounds $225

Description : This specimen represents a female with three small-caliber gunshot wounds to the head. The wounds, entering in the occipital bone and exiting through the opposite temporal bone, were determined to have been the cause of death for this individual.

Ouch!!

I will trade this skull for a 10/22. :)

Last edited:
I like mine in the house for the fact that I have 50 rounds (2 "CLIPS") ready to go if needed for short or long distance. Easy gun for the wife and 10yo son to shoot if I am not around. I was talking to a LEO, he told me the 22 round scares him more than 9mm., vest penetration wise.

LEO's comments are interesting

I will make the same challenge here that I have made to over 1000 firearms instructors.

Give me ONE example of a PRIVATE CITIZEN who was injured or killed after shooting their attacker with a .22. I have hundreds of examples of incidents where .22s worked just fine. Incidents involving law enforcement trying to take a criminal into custody or military personnel shooting fanatical savages overseas are NOT germane to this research.

I'm waiting.

They do not keep any statistics to answer your challenge. That is why you have not gotten one. On the other hand they do keep statistics on what cartridge killed someone.

Shock and the fear of "oh god im shot," is what makes this possible. If I have 1-10 holes in me no matter the size im dying or getting the hell out

Then why are there so many incidents where LE has to shoot someone many times with full power handgun rounds to stop them. If shock and fear are all you need, just throw a firecracker at them.

running away just lets the bad guy shoot you in the back instead of the chest. Either way... I am taking the gun I have closest to me at the time.. dumping the mag or die trying

How about making the gun at hand a good one and LIVE trying instead.

Back
Top Bottom