• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

271 acres, $100k Darien, Ga. (McIntosh county)

Should be some fairly good pig and waterfowl hunting down there. It’s not far from B&J’s buffet either!
http://www.gafollowers.com/the-7-best-seafood-restaurants-in-georgia/
Okay I'll say it one more time. B&Is is NOT with the $18.00 a head plus drinks to eat mostly fried **** from a buffet less than 6' long. And remember you're dining in what used to be a service station with the same 35 year old carpet on the floor they started out with. Maybe ordering from the menu would be a better option I don't know and will most likely never know. I have no idea how they keep the place and parking lot full except that neither is very big. And I guess traveling Yankees just don't know what's good and what isn't.
Personally I've had better seafood and better food overall from the hot bar and salad bar at the Harris Teeter grocery store on St Simons Island.

Okay I'll say it one more time. B&Is is NOT with the $18.00 a head plus drinks to eat mostly fried **** from a buffet less than 6' long. And remember you're dining in what used to be a service station with the same 35 year old carpet on the floor they started out with. Maybe ordering from the menu would be a better option I don't know and will most likely never know. I have no idea how they keep the place and parking lot full except that neither is very big. And I guess traveling Yankees just don't know what's good and what isn't.
Personally I've had better seafood and better food overall from the hot bar and salad bar at the Harris Teeter grocery store on St Simons Island.
I’ve had good experiences there the few visits I’ve made. The all you can eat steak we ate this past January was well worth the $18. They asked if we had a preference on our steaks and we told them “rare”; out came a big ass platter full of rare steaks for our table. They couldn’t stock the bar with rare steaks.
I have no plans to eat it off of their carpet, even if it was just laid down. Lol.

It's the carpet isn't it? Seriously, you have to order off the menu.

It's the carpet isn't it? Seriously, you have to order off the menu.
It's partially the fact that they charge island prices for a hole in the wall in Darien. Another part of it is I don't want everything fried. That's okay sometimes but I preferr grilled broiled etc.

I like the idea of cheap land...

But I’ll have to call the agent and get some assurance that this place comes complete with baked meth heads posing for trail cams and bottomless PVC pipes in the middle of the woods for no apparent reason...

If those amenities are not included, it’ll be a hard pass from me.

Suit your self my man - more fried shrimp for me! That plus the mac cheese - dayum!! Who knew that combo was almost better than sex? (Operative word: almost)
I understand everyone has different tastes. You're right though about only fried - gotta throw in some baked and broiled too.
Me I don't care what the floor looks like. And will add that I have not ONE DROP of yankee blood in me, and I doubt the locals that go there in droves all have yankee blood in them. Heck man I just come for the shrimp and the mac chz. Maybe once every couple months. Come to think of it, I'm about 5 months past due...

Suit your self my man - more fried shrimp for me! That plus the mac cheese - dayum!! Who knew that combo was almost better than sex? (Operative word: almost)
I understand everyone has different tastes. You're right though about only fried - gotta throw in some baked and broiled too.
Me I don't care what the floor looks like. And will add that I have not ONE DROP of yankee blood in me, and I doubt the locals that go there in droves all have yankee blood in them. Heck man I just come for the shrimp and the mac chz. Maybe once every couple months. Come to think of it, I'm about 5 months past due...
That's all good. I will say this for B&Js . Its better than Aultmans up in Eulonia. Their buffet was just plain gross looking. But in Darien Skipper's still rules. On St Simon's its Mullet Bay.

Back
Top Bottom