3 more days of dollah fries......any size.....

Most Popeye's chicken joints are located in du hood too.
Incredibly difficult to believe but they closed the one on Shurling Drive, in East Macon.

Y'all may not be too familiar with East Macon, but if you can't sell enough fried chicken at that location to remain in business? Something's bad wrong with the economy.

There's a damn near new one they built on Gray Hwy just a few years ago and already closed.
I spoke with the owner, he didn't make it one full year. I talked to him while he was cleaning out a drain line in the parking lot trying to get the water working in the restaurant. He practically begged me to use the drive through as it was open but I was leery of eating anything out of a restaurant with no running water (=employees can't wash hands even if they were so inclined). Seemed a nice guy and I didn't mention to him that I thought (when I saw the building being built) that he couldn't have picked a worse site to locate a chicken joint on in the entire city of Macon. All traffic from Gray or down 49 and 22/129 passing by his place have already passed BK, Krystal, Waffle House, Hardees and Dunkin' Donuts BEFORE they got to his store on their way to work. It's a weird lazy crossways intersection that is damned near impossible to turn left into and turn left out of in the evening when folks are going home from work. Catastrophic failure to observe traffic patterns before purchasing the lot. Same with the store he built on 247 at I-75. Just plain bad locations.

I spoke with the owner, he didn't make it one full year. I talked to him while he was cleaning out a drain line in the parking lot trying to get the water working in the restaurant. He practically begged me to use the drive through as it was open but I was leery of eating anything out of a restaurant with no running water (=employees can't wash hands even if they were so inclined). Seemed a nice guy and I didn't mention to him that I thought (when I saw the building being built) that he couldn't have picked a worse site to locate a chicken joint on in the entire city of Macon. All traffic from Gray or down 49 and 22/129 passing by his place have already passed BK, Krystal, Waffle House, Hardees and Dunkin' Donuts BEFORE they got to his store on their way to work. It's a weird lazy crossways intersection that is damned near impossible to turn left into and turn left out of in the evening when folks are going home from work. Catastrophic failure to observe traffic patterns before purchasing the lot. Same with the store he built on 247 at I-75. Just plain bad locations.
Yeah a left turn on most of Gray Hwy is taking your life in your own hands. Seen plenty of wrecks from around WMAZ building all the way to the interstate ramp.

Back
Top Bottom