308 multi-use can input please

If you want to use it on an AK the YHM is really the only option as they are the only ones with a readily available AK mount. ( I have one in stock)

Which model YHM do you have in stock?

And also any updates when you might receive either the Surefire 7.62 Mini or the AAC 762 SDN-6?

And I forgot to mention that the AKs I would use the can on are either threaded 1/2 x 28 or 5/8 x 24 so as long as the muzzle device clears a 30 cal projectile, I am good.

Last edited:
700 F is the generaly accepted don't go past point with Ti. How many rounds to get it that hot? No clue but I know FA cans aren't made from it. Ti also has some ablative sparking not that flash suppression is of upmost importance. The benefit is less weight screwing with barrel harmonics. Most folks don't care about that. It hit the target, good enough.

Sparking is a non-issue for me now, unless we ever get the right to hunt with suppressors. Regarding the heat issue, YHM does rate their Ti can for minimum FA auto use. The most rapid fire this can would ever see by me would be during a training class, and those are controlled sessions so it is not like you are sitting there doing mag dump after mag dump. Since the can will ride mostly on a 10.5 or 12" AR, and I do not do bench shooting, weight is a concern.

Whenever the Gov gets back going, I'll have a better timeline. I have some SDN6's that would have been approved by now had they not shut down. The SF minis are still a mystery. none of my suppliers have any to sell me.

I have the YHM SS M2 Phanton in now. http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=YHMPHQD Its a bit on the heavy side though if you want to stay under 20oz.

I was mainly meaning I have the YHM AK adapter in stock, but I guess thats a non issue for you.

Whenever the Gov gets back going, I'll have a better timeline. I have some SDN6's that would have been approved by now had they not shut down. The SF minis are still a mystery. none of my suppliers have any to sell me.

I have the YHM SS M2 Phanton in now. http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=YHMPHQD Its a bit on the heavy side though if you want to stay under 20oz.

I was mainly meaning I have the YHM AK adapter in stock, but I guess thats a non issue for you.

I have held and/or shot the AAC and Surefire. Ideally I would like to see the YHM Ti in person, but honestly once things getting running again, I am probably going to buy the first one I find. I am still worried about the potential rule changes, and I would like to get something pending in the system before any changes possibly come down.

it looks like the GOP is ready to cave so it should be back right soon. curious how they get the inconel to stay put since you cant weld it to titanium.

What did you end up going with batoncolle? I debating the same cans with your same preferences

I actually ended up with an Innovative Arms Mini Grunt 5.56 which is a thread on can. I was unable to find the 308 can I wanted in stock so I wanted to get something in the system in case there were any rule changes. I intend to run the Grunt on my 10.5" AR and hunt with my 12" until we are allowed to hunt with suppressors.

Regarding the 308 can, the Surefire 7.62 Mini continues to be at the top of my list. I think it is the best can with the size, weight, and mount ratio. If you were going to move the can between 223 and 7.62, I think the Surefire is the way to go. If you are going to primarily shoot on a 7.62/308 bolt gun, then I think the YHM Titanium can is the way to go from a weight/cost standpoint. I purchased the Mini Grunt from Quiet Riot, and he also has the AAC 7.62 SDN6 in stock which was my third choice. I just could not justify the added weight and length on my SBR ARs so that is why I went with the Grunt. If there are no rule changes, then I will be in the market for either the Surefire Mini 7.62 or the YHM Ti 7.62 next year.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Back
Top Bottom