• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

338 edge brass source

Archimedes

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
19   0
Reaction score
Doing some research on rechambering my sendero ii from 300 rum to 338 edge however I can’t find a brass source. I know you can make it yourself but I would prefer to just buy the brass. It’s sold out everywhere, anyone have any info on this? These websites never tell you when’s the last time it was stock. Could have been 2 months ago or could have been 2 years ago.

With the rise of 338 norma I imagine the 338 edge has fallen out of favor. Sounds like a good time to do some low pressure fireforming or hydroforming.

Or see if you can just open the bolt face some and go 338 lapua or norma and benefit from quality brass from numerous manufacturers.

Not sure if you could utilize this but I have some brass for .338 Xtreme , some odd wildcat long range round back from circa 2009.
I just could not bear to have it recycled for the brass knowing one day someone could put it to use.

.338 Xtreme
Xtrememachining
American Rifleman
Appreciate it but I’d have no idea what to do with that, do they even make reamers for it?

With the rise of 338 norma I imagine the 338 edge has fallen out of favor. Sounds like a good time to do some low pressure fireforming or hydroforming.

Or see if you can just open the bolt face some and go 338 lapua or norma and benefit from quality brass from numerous manufacturers.
338 Norma is superior but it’s a little longer and more importantly it opens up the bolt face too much, some people think that at least. Trying to keep the costs down too as well so I’d rather not modify the bolt.

338 Norma is superior but it’s a little longer and more importantly it opens up the bolt face too much, some people think that at least. Trying to keep the costs down too as well so I’d rather not modify the bolt.

The Edge is still popular for those wanting a Standard Magnum Bolt face.

It’s more popular by a large margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom