• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.38 brass worth

Nat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
211   0
Reaction score
Would someone let me know what once fired .38 brass is going for? Thank you for your help.

depends IF it has been resized/ cleaned etc. but its not super expensive even then as its so easy to find at the range.
now IF you had 357 Sig, 500 S &W, 10 MM, 38 Super, 454, etc then you got something worth a bit more.

at the range people will give it to you

Not all of them, :hat:

And God help you if you're one of those poachers standing around trying to grab brass before it stops rolling on the ground.

I'm going to go primitive on someone the next time I hear "I didn't know you wanted to keep it."

Anyway, back to the OP, you should check the sales forum hear, Lots of variables to be considered, like most things.

Here on the southside maybe we are a friendlier lot of shooters. basically IF you see someone leaving brass laying and want it just ask, do you save your brass?
generally they will most always say no you are welcome to it, if they do reload then generally a polite YES is given.
Myself even though I reload if a newbie is just starting out and mentions that I will let him have my brass (not my 10 MM /38 Super) as I don't have a lot of that .
but the other calibers I don't mind and I likely have more brass than I will ever use up.

Not all of them, :hat:

And God help you if you're one of those poachers standing around trying to grab brass before it stops rolling on the ground.

I'm going to go primitive on someone the next time I hear "I didn't know you wanted to keep it."

Anyway, back to the OP, you should check the sales forum hear, Lots of variables to be considered, like most things.
i had a guy trying to take my 45-70 brass as it was ejected from my rifle one time at an outdoor range. I about lost my mind

For unprocessed 38 SPL brass, I would think that between 3 to 5 cents a case would be along the lines of a going rate, generally speaking.....

Bayou

Back
Top Bottom