• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4 passenger convertibles

I've got money set aside for the other important matters. I've kind of had my impractical fun having owned a sportbike, 2004GTO, and then a tricked out miata set up for drifting. Now I'm looking for something fun, professional, and with enough room to use it for everyday life, but I have to have some open air, I miss the bike and the miata.

I'll do some research into Bimmers I suppose.
I felt the same way when I sold my last bike, thinking a convertible would help fill the gap. Rode inside enough to know NOT! To say there's no comparison is about as big an understatement as their is. A bike is a bike. You RIDE it. You DRIVE a car, including a convertible and even that doesn't underscore the difference. As much as I'd like a classic convertible, a decent sunroof, open with windows down is 'open air' enough and opens up infinitely more options in cars. I had a 528i. Hated it. I realize others love them and for some valid reasons. Just my experience.

I felt the same way when I sold my last bike, thinking a convertible would help fill the gap. Rode inside enough to know NOT! To say there's no comparison is about as big an understatement as their is. A bike is a bike. You RIDE it. You DRIVE a car, including a convertible and even that doesn't underscore the difference. As much as I'd like a classic convertible, a decent sunroof, open with windows down is 'open air' enough and opens up infinitely more options in cars. I had a 528i. Hated it. I realize others love them and for some valid reasons. Just my experience.
I still loved my Miata. Top down was just better.

A convertible will never compare to riding a bike. A moon roof will never compare to a convertible either. That said... There are days, even when the weather is flawless for riding, i still take the convertible. Totally different mood / ride sensation.
Gotta have both :-)

My neighbor has one of these , it is a very cool ride decent power but then it does run $170k +
I saw one in ATL with a muscled up dude that looked a lot like vin diesel, in the passenger seat. The car was sharp and sounded really good. No way would I spend that kind of cash on one.

I still loved my Miata. Top down was just better.

My dad says, "the only people that drives Miata's, are gays and hairdressers."

- Of course he's a 35yr retiree of GM. Born in the USA, buy in the USA! He hates that I own Nissans.

My wife's 4-seater is currently in dry dock. New springs (Eibach Pro Kit) struts/Shocks (KYB) strut mounts, Ball joints, bushings, camber kit, rotors, pads, Sun-frame brace, motor mounts, etc....

Hoss I had a 2000 Saab 95T and loved it, except the turbo was sluggish and the maintenance was as high as a BMW or Benz! $1300 for breaks, rotors and a caliper? That was the final straw for me unfortunately.

Lax, the IS 250 may lack HP on paper, but it isn't a pushover. I smoke people in mine regularly. It is quick, sporty, and down right sexy. The interior is probably one of the nicest I've ever seen and I regularly get compliments on the look of the car. I don't have a convertible, but if it had been an option I was looking for I wouldn't have hesitated to go for it on this model.

If you are dead set on HP though, go pick up that 335, it is pretty bad ass.

Hell, you are welcome to come test my IS 250 out if you'll let me try your Osprey 45. :thumb:

I agree...I nearly got an IS250 when I was shopping for a sporty 4-dr. It was down to the Altima SE-R, the Lexus IS250 and the Acura TL Type-S. All three were comparable and sweet rides...and fast.

I'm assuming you want a manual trans as well?

The hard top limits it
I'd test drive a few cloth tops
Lot of em now have a double layer insulated top

If your house isn't paid off. I'd take the $50K cash and pay off the house

Youre not planning on financing a $50K toy thats gonna be worth $20K five years after you buy it are you?

Back
Top Bottom