• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4 passenger convertibles

Honestly, if I was fresh out of school and had that kind of money to drop on something 'fun' and just had to spend it (instead of putting it towards a downpayment on a house or something boring and practical....) I'd buy a classic muscle car, enjoy it and then when the time came to buy something more practical, I'd sell it for the same amount or more than I paid to begin with. You won't do that with any 'modern' car. 1965 GTO would be my choice for a convertible (of course not a hard top, but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't care).

And it would go UP in value over time...just sayin'...

I had a 330 Bimmer convertible for a while that I really liked, but I got over my convertible phase when I eventually felt kinda douchy at a red light with the top down. lol. Hell, I have exactly 3 payments left on my wife's Lexus and there is no way in hell I'm putting myself in that trap again. There are so many other things I'd rather do with $700/month. I could have a hell of a pistol collection in just 12 months or at least a few bulk packs of .22lr.

But you're only young once, so I suppose you may as well enjoy it now and get it out of your system.

5.7 and 4.8 are worlds apart IMO.

Agreed...I had a 5.7L before. It'll break your neck. Super nice and fun. However for the price, fuel cost, reliability, longevity, mpg, and that it's a sweet looking 4-dr, it's all we need to compliment the truck and bike. I don't often need to even push her to a 5.7 sec 0-60 run, much less anything else. :).

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_09_26_magebyte.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_09_26_utatutyr.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, if I was fresh out of school and had that kind of money to drop on something 'fun' and just had to spend it (instead of putting it towards a downpayment on a house or something boring and practical....) I'd buy a classic muscle car, enjoy it and then when the time came to buy something more practical, I'd sell it for the same amount or more than I paid to begin with. You won't do that with any 'modern' car. 1965 GTO would be my choice for a convertible (of course not a hard top, but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't care).

I've got money set aside for the other important matters. I've kind of had my impractical fun having owned a sportbike, 2004GTO, and then a tricked out miata set up for drifting. Now I'm looking for something fun, professional, and with enough room to use it for everyday life, but I have to have some open air, I miss the bike and the miata.

I'll do some research into Bimmers I suppose.

My wife's 4-seater is currently in dry dock. New springs (Eibach Pro Kit) struts/Shocks (KYB) strut mounts, Ball joints, bushings, camber kit, rotors, pads, Sun-frame brace, motor mounts, etc....

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_09_26_8uhu4e2a.jpg

I know you said convertible but look at the 2014 Mercedes CLA 29,900 base price with all kinds of add ons possible.

Eta: cla45 amg 5.5 v8 twin turbo.

Winning.

Back
Top Bottom