• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Picked up a 454/ 467ci yesterday. Gonna drop it in my C10 with a 4 speed 👍🇺🇸

fattboyzz

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Priviledged ODT redneck !
370   0
Reaction score
Its not a powerhouse, but it will be fun. I can see its not a virgin, stock engine. The block is 70s and the heads are 80s p-port. The block has been resurfaced and the #code is gone.

It will transform this old truck into quite a cruiser 🇺🇸👍😁

They guy said its a runner. When he spun it over ,it hissed like a bag of snakes 👍

I need a few things ,if yall have access. Intake and exhaust manifolds being the 2 main things.

.................Update.................

I tore it down yesterday after seeimg some trash in the intake ports and one intake valve had a hint of rust. That cylinder had about an ounce of fluid on the piston, but it looks ok inside.
The block was resurfaced and the flat top hyper pistons are .028 down. It had what looked like a Mahle head gasket. Appx .040ish ,which make it a smidge above 8:1 compression with the current heads. .068 quench 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
Im gonna cut .020 off that with a Mahle .020 gasket to get a better quench of .048. Maybe even .046 with an .018 steel.
The heads look pretty good. Im gonna break em down for a good scrub & inspection.. Probably blend the bowls, fresh lap on the valves, new seals and check the springs .

Its not a powerhouse, but it will be fun. I can see its not a virgin, stock engine. The block is 70s and the heads are 80s p-port. The block has been resurfaced and the #code is gone.

It will transform this old truck into quite a cruiser 🇺🇸👍😁

They guy said its a runner. When he spun it over ,it hissed like a bag of snakes 👍

I need a few things ,if yall have access. Intake and exhaust manifolds being the 2 main things.
Took me just a sec, to see that this wasn’t about a 454 casull. LOL

Sounds good. Just remember the fuel cost will be significantly more and the engine typically runs higher temps as well
Not sure about the temp part. But you don’t build a truck like that expecting ANY type of mile per gallon. Only thing that matters is Smiles Per Gallon!

Back
Top Bottom