• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$429 for an AK

What do you guys think of the PSA builds? Maybe 6 months ago I had several people transfer a PSA AK and M4 deal for less than 1000 shipped. Both rifles came with Magpul furniture.

What do you guys think of the PSA builds? Maybe 6 months ago I had several people transfer a PSA AK and M4 deal for less than 1000 shipped. Both rifles came with Magpul furniture.

I would not buy a PSA, C39, RS47, or I.O. If you want a US made AK, the later DDIs are the cheapest real option (>$700).

It's a **** rifle. I got bait and switched, which left a bad taste in my mouth. Nice looking rifle on the outside, but had a lot of bugs to work out.

My next AK may be a PSA AK...

I'm not an operator and my life should never depend upon it so I may be in the game...besides, my boys are like, "when ya gonna get a real AK?"

Granted a PSA AK may not be a real AK but they had fun shooting the cheap Classic $429 AMD so there's that...

Oh, and the safe is running out of room so...maybe not so much.

I'm not an operator and my life should never depend upon it so I may be in the game...besides, my boys are like, "when ya gonna get a real AK?"

Granted a PSA AK may not be a real AK but they had fun shooting the cheap Classic $429 AMD so there's that...

Your safe IS OUT OF ROOM, lol

Your AMD is a way better rifle than the PSA.

Hayata Hayata - buy one. You are on a lucky streak and you might get one of the really good ones. IMO, a better buy would be an AK-65DS. Yeah it's a Century build, but they're actually decent and I got one for $469.

I see some comparisons on here of cheap $400 akms to more expensive weapons using higher quality ammo. Shouldn’t really judge the ak until you use a decent specimen, with equal ammo, set up correctly and after spending some time training with it. If you start with a good build, set it up correctly, and spend some with it, it is very effective and fun. If you just take a cheap $400 model straight to the range, filled with cheap ammo and expect results above that of a range toy, you’re just not being very realistic. If you’re judging the entire platform on those terms, you’re depriving yourself of a very efficient, potent and impressive firearm, in its own right.

Back
Top Bottom