• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4x4 ATV vs. Electric golf Cart

I delivered a lifted golf cart from Southern Golf Carts last week and they had to hit the trailer ramp with a running start because it didn't have the strength to drive up the incline otherwise.

...my beefy honda fourtrax 300 4x4 ... a 48v lifted golf cart. Who uses them ? pros? Cons?

There is no comparison really. Depends completely on your hunting terrain. I'm old but I love my lifted Yamaha 48 volt. It's very stealthy, comfortable, easy, will hang a slope, powerful enough but, it's all about the tires. They must be very aggressive or have a small winch backup for the really bad stuff. Seems folks sure like to borrow it. Hope this helps.

Anyone have a good quiet muffler or added a suppressor to a 4 wheeler exhaust? How quiet could u make a 4 wheeler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on how much time and money you want to put in it.Ive built muffler silincers for my genarators at camp.

We have had four wheelers for 20+ years and really enjoyed them, however, when we got a 48 volt lifted cart a few years ago, we realized how many critters we had been running off with the four wheelers. Our cart has an aftermarket "Beast" motor and speed controller, with 25" tires. We built a cargo box on the back with a tailgate and put a winch on the front. It goes just about anywhere that our four wheelers would. Needless to say, it gets used every weekend, while the ATVs don't. If you take care of the batteries, they will last for four or five years.

I guess I'll add my 2 cents.

I have 4 wheelers, lifted golf cart and side by side. The folks that say the golf cart isn't powerful enough either hunt in the mountains or don't have one. My 36 volt EZGO has been in creeks with water running through the floor, in mud to the axles, brier patches too thick to cut through, I've pushed round bails of hay across a field (for the fun of it) and it's never failed me once, I absolutely love it for hunting and will always have one.....or two for hunting.
You have to learn how to drive the golf carts (juice before you need it, not when you need it) to get the most out of them. Make sure you have a very, very aggressive tread pattern on the back. The tires don't spin fast enough to clean out the turf tires in mud. I've put a trailer on my golf cart and hauled my fathers golf cart (same as mine) back to camp via trails, not dirt road 3 miles away just to see if it would do it.

You will never believe what you don't see on a 4 wheeler running through the woods until you use an electric golf cart, all of the "my 4 wheeler doesn't scare deer" is said only because they never even get close to the deer to know better ( I was one of these people at one time). The other benefit I never expected is scouting. You'll going much slower so you'll see more tracks, trails and signs on a golf cart, stuff that you wouldn't see if you were going faster.

If I'm hunting it's an electric golf cart all the way, if I'm working or playing it's hands down a 4 wheeler or side by side.....I have all three.

I have a ranger and a 48 volt beast I love the electric for hunting,but I hunt pretty flat land don't have any experience with hills,it last about 18 to 20 miles on a charge.

ATV will go more places and handle the abuse better than a golf cart.
Golfcarts are like mopeds of the woods

I think this holds true for the most part. Most places I've hunted didn't really have trails that could handle a golf car. But these were out West.

Back
Top Bottom