• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

50 Deer Dead @ Alabama Deer Factory

Yeah the "straw man" argument doesn't hold. This Is domestication of a "wild natural resource" just like all other animals that are now domesticated. Hogs, cows, horses, dogs, cats chickens, and dont forget fish, were all once wild. Some still are.
So the argument that this is somehow different because its deer is odd to me. there are still plenty of wild deer to hunt, which is what I do.

I dont see any reason to look down on those that raise deer (as a group), they are no different in intent or application than anyone raising livestock.
If one of those is a law breaking cruel inhumane sob then they need to be dealt with, but thats no different than say a hog farmer that does the same thing.

First of all I have never seen or heard of a high fence ranch that ties a deer up to a tree and say's come shoot it and I have never seen a hunting preserve that the deer have a number in there ear.I have seen that at breeding farms but those deer are not for sale to hunt.LSU how many square miles does the average deer travel?I hunted a 10,000 acre high fence ranch and it was one of the toughest hunts I have ever been on.I also hunted open range ranches that was the easiest kill I ever made.Most high fence ranches do it to control the quality of there deer herd and to keep the neighbors from killing the young one's.Sorry you have been misinformed on high fence hunting.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_20_7eje9ase.jpg

Isn't it better to have the non-hunters shoot tame deer, rather then traipse all over your property cutting fences and rutting your pasture, spooking the deer you want to hunt.
I can see the fanatics infecting stock to stop hunting, just like the tree huggers spike trees out west to hurt loggers of managed forests.

Where I see the problem, is in the potential for sending out stock that is infected into the wild population. I hope they have some sense of the science behind what they are doing. As for the illness, I think the worry is the cross-species transfer. It ain't the hiccups.

This is not about domestication and eating deer. If it was they would not let you shoot the doe for free in high fenced areas.

This is not about the difficulty of hunting a large high fence area. If it is large enough, and they limit the number of hunters, of course it will be hard.

This is about 1 thing and 1 thing only. The MUCH EASIER chance to shoot a very large trophy buck that you would not otherwise get when hunting in the wild.

"But the hunter wanted the buck, and money was no object. The rancher persuaded Berry to stop the vehicle and call the preserve's owner on his cellphone.

As the hunter looked at the buck through his rifle scope, Berry said, the conversation involving him, his boss and the client went something like this.

The owner: "Tell him $38,000, and he can have him."

The hunter: "What does he want for him?"

Berry: "Thirty-eight ..."

"Boom!"

The hunter had his trophy. The preserve had its money
."

Isn't it better to have the non-hunters shoot tame deer, rather then traipse all over your property cutting fences and rutting your pasture, spooking the deer you want to hunt.
I can see the fanatics infecting stock to stop hunting, just like the tree huggers spike trees out west to hurt loggers of managed forests.

Where I see the problem, is in the potential for sending out stock that is infected into the wild population. I hope they have some sense of the science behind what they are doing. As for the illness, I think the worry is the cross-species transfer. It ain't the hiccups.

Honestly I could care less if someone wants to go shoot an abnormal buck in a fenced area. It's capitalism and a free market. My problem is with the bold. Deer sometimes escape or even spread potential problems through the fence. Double fence it. Run the fences 20 feet high, and keep the abnormal deer inside, then let someone go shoot a nice trophy buck so they can hang it on the wall and be proud...

I have personally seen disease's break out in the wild on deer and I don't think the whole state even has any high fence hunting area's in it.It was just how mother nature took care of things and I can give you place's and phone numbers of where you can go hunt 100% fair chase no fence's,nothing and kill a monster deer in the WILD.

Back
Top Bottom