Don't use it, but did a lot of research into it when I was considering a caliber change for an AR build.
Good Rd for deer and hog from what I could tell.
I went with the 300 blackout instead due to the super/sub ammo.

Pushing a 95gr Barnes TTSX at 2832fps...pretty much says it all. Great deer & pig round.
Check out the 6.8forum for 1000's of comments related to performance, loads, factory rounds, builds, etc.

I have one. great round for hunting. IMHO if you want to shoot thru a suppressor/subsonic then consider 300BO. If you just want a good hunting round in an AR platform, the 6.8 is very good. A bit more money to get into it (barrel, bolt and mags) but it's very good and lots of proven ammo out there. vastly superior ballistics for hunting compared to 5.56 without a lot more recoil and a familiar form factor.

Big plus is if you reload. It can get costly to shoot if you don't reload if you plan to go thru many rounds. Again if you are mainly using it for hunting and not blowing thru 30 round mags of the stuff it's not a problem.

I have 2, both with a ARP barrel. One is a 16 with a break and one with a 18 inch barrel with no break. I've took both out to 825 yards hitting a 10 inch plate all day long. Not that I would shoot at game at that distance. Amesome deer and hog gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two ARP 6.8s for me. 12.5 SBR suppressed, and a 16in Scout. Love them both shooting Federal XM 68 as I don't reload. Very accurate and all my kills with them have been one shot DRT.

Back
Top Bottom