• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 6.8 SPC Dead?

Mid South Shooters Supply has four different selections from 100 pcs. To 500 pcs. of Hornady, Nosler and Starline but they are out now. I mentioned Natchez Shooters Supply and I have ordered from them before. It was good brass but it is hit or miss with availability with any of them right now. I ordered 500 pieces from both but reloaded them all. Just keep doing internet searches often and on a schedule because they go fast when they have them. I am constantly looking for brass but I haven't found any in a while. I also look for IMR 8208 XBR powder but its hard to find right now. I have went thru four pounds of that in the last six months and I only have half a jug of it now. I am saving it for when I can get some good Nosler Ballistic tip pills to load. It's by far the best powder I have found for accuracy. I use all kinds of brass but as long as I use 8208 I get dead nuts on accuracy wise. With stringent brass prep that is. Of course now it's all hard to get ahold of. Just keep plugging and you will run into some eventually just don't dilly dally around and hesitate be ready to order right then if you hope to score. I will make a mental note and contact you via PM when I run into some. That's the best we can hope for now.

Northeast Target and Shooting Supply has 100 pieces of once fired brass for $44 and it says it's in stock. I don't mind once fired brass it'll last another seven or eight goes as long as you're not hot loading it.

Diamond K brass has 100 count brass for sale but they want $125 bucks for mixed size primers. It's a little steep but these days you got to get what you can get and I don't believe it's hard to get because people don't shoot it I believe it's hard to get because people buy it up.

I harvested a huge doe and 2 good size hogs last hunting season with 6.8 SPC SPC II. All were one shot stops and all the animals dropped on the spot (doe 50 yard shot, hogs were 80-90 yards). Been shooting it for years, but 1st animals I've taken with the caliber. 120 grain factory Hornady SST. I am a fan and will always keep at least 1 in the stable. As far as available ammo, it's a crap shoot these days (just like most other ammo). 6.8 isn't as popular as others, but it still has value IMO. Reloading is a viable solution. It's a keeper in my book.

As opposed to the 3ft. 6in. in your screen pic.
200w (5).gif

Back
Top Bottom