7.62 x 39 AR Reliability question

Both of my 7.62x39 AR's came with the feed ramp already smoothed out. It was a known issue and I think most companies that sell them sell them right now.

I put both of mine together last year and neither were smoothed out. May depend on the barrel company. I did go as cheap as possible, and that might be the reason why mine were not fixed?

I put both of mine together last year and neither were smoothed out. May depend on the barrel company. I did go as cheap as possible, and that might be the reason why mine were not fixed?

I did fully assembled uppers and both were. I guess it depends on the company and where they are getting their feed ramps from.

I have run about 300 rounds through it, 3 jams (1 double feed, 2 failure to feed), all with ASC mags. The DH magazine supplied with the gun ran flawlessly, steel case, brass, hollow-points and FMJs.

The ASC mags have to be massaged a bit as well. It doesn't take much, but a notch needs to be made on the back side to give the BCG more room to get in there. That's what my modifer did w/ mine and runs like a sewing machine. I will, however, look into getting some DH mags though.

The feed ramp , magazine issues and bolt breakage are all items to watch on 7.62x39 AR's

I am hoping that CMMG or someone similar will release a BCG based off the 308 that has been modified. But, the question is: will that work in a 556 upper? I don't know what the do to make the 308 bolt work for 7,62 x 39?? One of you much wiser more experienced gun people's let me know what you know.

Back
Top Bottom