• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

8 gauge tactical shotgun

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
I'd like to see gun companies make an 8 gauge shotgun along with extra-short tactical ammo for it.
The rounds should be short, maybe only 2" long, so you can fit more of them in a tubular magazine.

The shotgun would be of basically normal proportions, just wider. It may be heavier. WHo cares? If a normal 12-bore combat shotgun weighs 7 lbs and this 8 gauge monster weighs 10, is that really a big deal? It's not like you're going to be carrying it a lot, over miles of terrain.

You should be able to fire 2.0 ounces of buckshot or birdshot out of even a compact (tactical length) 8 bore shell. Two ounces of payload means you could have 15 of the 00 buck pellets.

Yeah, I understand that there are 3" and 3.5" magnum 12-gauge shotguns that can fire 15-pellet buckshot loads.

But wouldn't an 8-bore combat shotgun be cool?

AR221094L.jpg

My scoped M1A with sling, bipod, and a full 20-round mag weighs about 15 lbs.
I don't mind the weight, but the LENGTH makes it unsatisfactory for a CQB weapon.

Since gatling guns are not technically full autos, Id like a potrable one with Sigs SAS treatment just under 30 pounds.

Gatling gun... without a tripod or other mount, how would you both hold it an crank it?

Better idea: Make a gun with a pump-action fore-end that activates the trigger once per each inch of travel.
If the fore-end had a 6" range of movement, you could fire 6 shots on a full stroke back.
Maybe get another 6 on the return stroke forward!
All you have to do is press and hold the manual fire control switch (which looks like the "trigger" inside the "trigger guard) and start pumping.

Back
Top Bottom