• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

8 per day. 2,920 per year killed.

Probably a low count considering folks that leave weapons unlocked in drawers,in a vehicle,etc. or where easy access can be had.As an example my older brother was killed because someone failed to lock-up his weapon correctly and his son got hold of it and shot my brother 3 times in the head for $75 and a case of beer.You think its wrong,I think your wrong!!!.Had the gun been properly locked away there a greater chance (staistically) my bro would be alive today,safety counts ,wrecklessness with any weapon can kill randomly.Stats do make little difference,action is what needs to happen and being wreckless and immature with improper storage will always end in a tragedy
Are you seriously blaming an unlocked gun for your brother's murder by his own son? :confused: Because he wouldn't have murdered him using a different gun, kitchen knife, hammer, baseball bat, brick, fill in the blank?

Probably a low count considering folks that leave weapons unlocked in drawers,in a vehicle,etc. or where easy access can be had.As an example my older brother was killed because someone failed to lock-up his weapon correctly and his son got hold of it and shot my brother 3 times in the head for $75 and a case of beer.You think its wrong,I think your wrong!!!.Had the gun been properly locked away there a greater chance (staistically) my bro would be alive today,safety counts ,wrecklessness with any weapon can kill randomly.Stats do make little difference,action is what needs to happen and being wreckless and immature with improper storage will always end in a tragedy
Education is a good thing. Reading comprehension is important. No one is talking about a crack head killing someone for $75 and a case of Milwaukee's Best. I'm discussing a stat and what comprises the data used. The commercial indicated "accidents" amongst teens and kids from firearms. I say 2,920 per year is bogus.

He wasn't some crackhead,he was a high school student from east cobb.Just because the alledged stats don't suit your definition or parameters doesn't mean they aren't true,WTFU and read the writing on the wall man.Their are too many easily accessible guns out there and a lack of correct responsibility from gun owners

If your too naive to understand that had the weapon been properly secured chances are statistically without having easy access to that weapon at that particular moment in time the chances of my brother not being killed go up infentessimally

Yes I do actually blame the Father as well as the son,had he of properly secured the weapon to the point his son could not have accessed it as easily my brother might still be alive.Decisions change in matters of seconds as could have that day simply by the weapon being stored safely and properly.Maybe if it happens to you then you'll rationalize how things can change in a millisecond of time simply by someone else's action

This gung ho everyone needs a gun mentality is part of why we are where we are,not everyone needs to have a weapon or easy access to one,especially teens and smaller children,the stats are like I said probably under what they should be. But your right reading comprehension is something I hope all would aspire too,what part of improperly stored do you not understand?

Even if the statistic is true, it tells me there are too many teens and kids that don’t know how to handle a firearm properly. Loaded guns sat all over my house growing up (no one had a safe) and not a single person I knew got shot or even had a negligent discharge.
My marine cousin blew my back door out.

Suicide by gun claims many times more lives than murder, and accidents / negligent discharges are a tiny insignificant number.

8 dead kids or teens per day?
Sounds like all murders and suicides are included in that number.

I'm sorry for your loss, but speaking of proper storage of firearms do you know anyone whose children do not have access to their safe? The boy who killed your brother is responsible, not the weapon, regardless of how
he acquired it. Try to place blame where it belongs, on the perpetrator, not the circumstance.

He wasn't some crackhead,he was a highs cool student from east cobb.Just because the alledged stats don't suit your definition or parameters doesn't mean they aren't true,WTFU and read the writing on the wall man.Their are too many easily accessible guns out there and a lack of correct responsibility from gun owners

If your too naive to understand that had the weapon been properly secured chances are statistically without having easy access to that weapon at that particular moment in time the chances of my brother not being killed go up infentessimally

Yes I do actually blame the Father as well as the son,had he of properly secured the weapon to the point his son could not have accessed it as easily my brother might still be alive.Decisions change in matters of seconds as could have that day simply by the weapon being stored safely and properly.Maybe if it happens to you then you'll rationalize how things can change in a millisecond of time simply by someone else's action

This gung ho everyone needs a gun mentality is part of why we are where we are,not everyone needs to have a weapon or easy access to one,especially teens and smaller children,the stats are like I said probably under what they should be. But your right reading comprehension is something I hope all would aspire too,what part of improperly stored do you not understand?

When Columbine High School shooting happened, that’s all it took for me to immediately get a good safe. I was poor and in my early twenties, but no young kid was going to use any of my pitiful collection for bad deeds. I think the safe cost about the same as my crappy collection. Now I’m married, have kids and everything except what I’m wearing still stays locked up.

Back
Top Bottom