• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9 Year-Old Points Pellet Gun at Suspect’s Head, Stops Carjacking

It really takes a special society to continue to turn these people back out among law abiding citizens.:wacko:
I'll bet the perp had an arrest record as long as your arm. This wasn't his first rodeo. Maybe the first one with a gun getting pulled on him.:shocked:

You should be able to leave your vehicle running with your kid inside and not expect it to be stolen.
Is this what "our" society has become? Blame the victim, it was his fault that the thief tried to steal his truck.:doh:

My book bag with laptop and business documents was stolen out of my truck while I was at dinner. Everyone exclaimed "Why did you leave that where a thief could get it?!?!?" My response was simply when it gets to the point where you have to take all of your possessions into a restaurant for fear of it being stolen I'm just going to stop eating out.
Could you imagine an entire restaurant filled with people carrying all of their possessions that they have in their vehicle for fear of theft?

My book bag with laptop and business documents was stolen out of my truck while I was at dinner. Everyone exclaimed "Why did you leave that where a thief could get it?!?!?" My response was simply when it gets to the point where you have to take all of your possessions into a restaurant for fear of it being stolen I'm just going to stop eating out.
Could you imagine an entire restaurant filled with people carrying all of their possessions that they have in their vehicle for fear of theft?

Just curious, but were your keys left in the door, with the windows down, and doors unlocked at the time? If we are going to look at this as an act of an animal, then we shouldn't be shocked when a wolf grabs a steak from a source where there was almost zero chance of detection or risk. If you have to break a window, it escalates the chance of being caught. With many the additional perceived risk will cause them to simply move on. Those that do not simply move on play the odds, and are either successful or caught, but we shouldn't make it easy because we are too lazy to secure our property or our children. By this logic, we should allow children to go play at any strangers house without regard of evaluation of risk.

We have PINs on our ATM cards, we have locks on our vehicles and homes, and many people carry for the security that they could apply threat of force or match/excessive force if necessary to prevent harm for ourselves and others. In an idealistic utopia, none of this would be necessary, but people are animals, some good, some not. Some bad folks thought process does not exceed the next 30 seconds, pretending otherwise and not taking even a small step towards security is foolish.

Just curious, but were your keys left in the door, with the windows down, and doors unlocked at the time? If we are going to look at this as an act of an animal, then we shouldn't be shocked when a wolf grabs a steak from a source where there was almost zero chance of detection or risk. If you have to break a window, it escalates the chance of being caught. With many the additional perceived risk will cause them to simply move on. Those that do not simply move on play the odds, and are either successful or caught, but we shouldn't make it easy because we are too lazy to secure our property or our children. By this logic, we should allow children to go play at any strangers house without regard of evaluation of risk.

We have PINs on our ATM cards, we have locks on our vehicles and homes, and many people carry for the security that they could apply threat of force or match/excessive force if necessary to prevent harm for ourselves and others. In an idealistic utopia, none of this would be necessary, but people are animals, some good, some not. Some bad folks thought process does not exceed the next 30 seconds, pretending otherwise and not taking even a small step towards security is foolish.

I'm always armed and if I catch someone stealing my ****, the only one talking to the Police will be me. Thieves have alway threaten your life with racial slurs, especially when they are dead.

So what if they get caught stealing? Do you think this carjacker just left Sunday school class, when he came across this opportunity that was just too good to pass up?
We shoot wolves for stealing sheep. Are you saying we should shoot these thieves?

The punishment for stealing is pretty much nothing, especially the first, second, and third times they get caught, not how many times they have stolen from hard working folks.

You should be able to leave your vehicle running with your kid inside and not expect it to be stolen.

If you believed that was a reasonable expectation you wouldn't be armed.

If thieves are executed, they tend to stop stealing and costing the tax payers money.:shocked:

Undeniably.

That is the kind of kid I would want left in my truck. Boy I am going into the store, here is my 9mm if some butt plug try's to come in this truck, empty the mag on him and if he lives your getting your ass whooped.

At the age of 9 I carried a firearm on the farm, knew how to use it and knew the rules of engagement for use of force up to and including deadly force without direct adult supervision.

My Dad made sure I was trained right and he knew I would obey the rules.

When old enough, I left my kids in the car, always taught them to lock the doors, keep the windows up or just cracked and if some Jack hole decided they wanted to try and enter to honk the horn and make noise. They had access to a loaded Glock, well educated and trained on how to properly use it with a good level of proficiency.

It's a critical survival skill all decent young people/youths should be exposed to in order to not become victims.

So Dad leaves son in a running unlocked vehicle to go get himself a coffee, sees a man jump in his truck, and his first thought is "what am I going to tell the wife"?
From the article, I assumed he saw the open door, thought his son had been taken, and then thought about telling his wife. But I could be wrong.
I like it , could have turned out bad , but in this case kudos to the kid.
Yes, it could have. But, if he hadn't done that and the thief stole the truck with him in it, and it ended the same (being chased, truck wrecked, and flipped) it could also have ended bad for him also.

Back
Top Bottom