• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm cans...... What do you think?

I know diddly-squat about suppressors, BUT I saw a YouTube video where the guy swore up and down that the only can you needed was a .45, he said he used it for everything and in the video was shooting .22lr with a 9mm endcap, said it was quieter than a regular .22 can. Is this true? If so, isn't this the "answer" for everyone??? You could shoot .45 all the way down to .22 by just putting on the appropriate end cap.

I shoot 22 through my Obsidian 45, it's amazingly quiet! No lie, probably twice as quiet than my Dobbs arc22. I thought this was true for all the large 45/9 cans due to large volume alone, but someone posted recently that 22 through their DA Ghost was loud, so maybe the Rugged's baffle design is the reason.

But 45/9 cans are huuuuuuge and heavy on a 22/45, so that alone is good reason to get a dedicated rimfire can. The ARC22Al on my 22/45 is like it's not even there, and it looks fantastic on it!

IMG_5712.jpg

I really like my Griffin Optimus. .22lr to 300 WinMAg. I have run it on a 10/22, Evo SBR, and PTR91 and it sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom