• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm revolver

I prefer a revolver as a car/truck gun; because when fired from inside the vehicle you don't have to contend with hot expended shell casings ricocheting around inside the vehicle.

If you are firing your weapon inside your vehicle. hot shell casings ricocheting around inside are the least of your concerns.
Besides incoming rounds the noise factor inside a car is enough to make you permanently deaf. Ear protection? Get a silencer? It's only a truck gun.

You're both right the way I see it!
It's true if inside a car shooting I would rather have my revolver like napp napp said, (up until the point I needed more than the 6 rounds it holds) I know what it's like to have a piece of brass tatoo ya!

And rockyfatcat rockyfatcat is on the money too, I've shot from inside, never from inside a car, but inside of small rooms practicing clearing them. It's crazy loud. I wear hearing aids now, the noise will get ya too.

So a suppressed revolver should work fine! :becky:

You're both right the way I see it!
It's true if inside a car shooting I would rather have my revolver like napp napp said, (up until the point I needed more than the 6 rounds it holds) I know what it's like to have a piece of brass tatoo ya!

And rockyfatcat rockyfatcat is on the money too, I've shot from inside, never from inside a car, but inside of small rooms practicing clearing them. It's crazy loud. I wear hearing aids now, the noise will get ya too.

So a suppressed revolver should work fine! :becky:
It's a small miracle that I don't need hearing aids. Much of my life was spent shooting before people recognized the importance of hearing protection. I had many years of service before the Army started issuing ear plugs.

It's a small miracle that I don't need hearing aids. Much of my life was spent shooting before people recognized the importance of hearing protection. I had many years of service before the Army started issuing ear plugs.

Yea the Marines is what did it for me, I ran a range, everyone else had plugs, but not me or I couldn't do the job....

I'm guessing you never had a hot shell casing fall down your collar. :D
You'd loose that bet. Anyone who has been at a military firing range has probably has had at least one 5.56 casing from the guy on his left tickle some tender bits. It'll get your attention, but I don't think it would make me loose a firefight.

Back
Top Bottom