• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Members Poll:; Should I receive negative feedback on a non purchase ?

Should I get bad Feedback??

• Yes.

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • No.

Votes: 39 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think wisdom has prevailed...all things considered.

I don't mind people making threads like this for feedbacks as long as they present the story as closely to the facts as they can, which I believe he did. I actually suggested he start this thread. That way if people think I am wrong in letting a negative stand they still have another option. I try to stay away from "my way or the highway" as much as I can.

We could probably start a poll for this issue as well, but here is how I see it. Forums are not all that difficult to sign up for and there is only so much I can do to try and keep someone off the site. So, would you rather a guy with a couple negatives be allowed to stay on the site so you can at least see they have negatives, or would you rather I ban them and they find a workaround and create a new account with no itrader history at all?

Personally, If I had two "I'll take it's" within five minutes of each other and the second one is 100 miles closer than the first, I'm going to go with the second guy. Unless I said "First I'll take it gets it."

Not the one you think!

I am going to convert it to a neutral rating. Before some of you lose your minds, hear me out.

For one, I am pretty sure GDAWG will never do this again :) I also appreciate this thread because it will probably prevent many others from making the same mistake, and it also clears up the issue a little bit. If this same situation happens for someone else I now have a thread to point them to. And having a neutral means it will stay on his itrader but it won't negatively effect his score. I think this is ok because, as I said earlier, I do not think GDAWG will ever have this problem again.

This is what's wrong in today's society. Something is either wrong or it isn't - neutral is a cop out to me. This trend towards political correctness and softening bad news doesn't due anyone any good. Why have Itrader at all if it's not going to reflect the absolute truth? Maybe I'm just old fashioned (I am old) in that I truly believe a handshake is just as binding as a 247 page legal contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom