• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A visit with Mr. Greenjeans

I've read through the comments now and am confused, so can someone clarify something for me? I have the GA hunting app on my phone and access my license and tags through the app. Before moving the deer I record the kill and sync it up so that it is recorded on my license via the app.

Do the regulations say I also have to have a paper copy and record it on the paper copy as well?
Yep page 22 .Harvest record for the current season and reported within 24 hrs.

They really do make it up as they go along. For that reason, I never carry a cell phone when hunting. A tag is all you need.

Mark your paper harvest before removing animal from kill site.
Think about it......if you drag that deer to your truck and it’s not recorded on paper or in game check app and warden is waiting at your truck -what do you think he’s gonna do?

My processor told me this year you don’t need to mark your confirmation # down on your ticket st the processor like last year.
The processors were complaining that they should have to do the wardens job for them.

I think the electronic game check in conjunction with the paper harvest record is just a redundancy enacted to confuse hunters into thinking they’re compliant and not by doing one or the other gives the warden an accuse to come down on you.
Game animals property of the king’s dominion ......all as a means to tax us to death, confuse the rules in order to fine you for not complying when you’re out of cell range and your pen freezes up in your backpack cause you can’t mark down your kill at the site so now your sweating bullets cause you see Mr. green jeans leaning on your truck as you approach with bambi.
And try to discourage the next generation and of course squeeze every penny possible from those who will not quit.

What is really confusing, is that on my current hunting license, it clearly states that you have 72 hours to report the harvest electronically.
thats where it seems like they try to get you. The processor, atleast garners doesn't ask for you confirmation number, if you have AT&T like I do unless you're actually in Sparta or Warrenton you don't have service worth a crap to be able to go do the game check, so you have to drive to town just to go do that. Damn the checking it in before I move it, I'm not leaving a deer or turkey laided up dead for an hour or more to drive to either Warrenton or Sparta to record my harvest.

Please stop whining about a man doing his job!
read the regulations , following instructions.
I've been hunting since i could carry a gun, never had problems with the Game Warden,
I guess they probably do check Slob hunters.

Please stop whining about a man doing his job!
read the regulations , following instructions.
I've been hunting since i could carry a gun, never had problems with the Game Warden,
I guess they probably do check Slob hunters.
lol I don't know the op but he seems like a good dude and good hunter. A game warden will check any person not just a "slob" hunter. Ever thought we aren't whining but more of pointing out flaws in how the game laws and regulations are written and enforced? Are you always an asshole or just one on the internet?

Back
Top Bottom