• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A visit with Mr. Greenjeans

I've never gotten a call and I always use a processor.

I've never had an issue with a warden. Of course I don't cause any either.
I think another example may demonstrate the type of warden shotgun 01 shotgun 01 was dealing with.

I have never received a call either and always use a processor as well but....this particular warden has only been in our area for the last few years and seems to be operating much differently than the previous warden. I have absolutely no problem with enforcement of the game laws but his approach certainly seems unorthodox and questionable.

Last year he contacted one of my buddies who had dropped off a buck at the same processor shotgun 01 shotgun 01 and I use. My buddy had the rack sawed off and took it with him. Before he had made it home he received a call from the warden and insinuated that he had shot an illegal buck (we're in a QDM county). My friend told him that was simply untrue. Once he got home he sent the warden a picture of the rack; a completely legal 8 pointer. The warden thanked him and said that's all he needed to see.

I suspect if the OP received a call and my buddy received a call from the same warden then it is likely he's called several folks and will continue to do so this year. This doesn't seem to be standard operating procedure so just wondering why this warden operates that way?

I think another example may demonstrate the type of warden shotgun 01 shotgun 01 was dealing with.

I have never received a call either and always use a processor as well but....this particular warden has only been in our area for the last few years and seems to be operating much differently than the previous warden. I have absolutely no problem with enforcement of the game laws but his approach certainly seems unorthodox and questionable.

Last year he contacted one of my buddies who had dropped off a buck at the same processor shotgun 01 shotgun 01 and I use. My buddy had the rack sawed off and took it with him. Before he had made it home he received a call from the warden and insinuated that he had shot an illegal buck (we're in a QDM county). My friend told him that was simply untrue. Once he got home he sent the warden a picture of the rack; a completely legal 8 pointer. The warden thanked him and said that's all he needed to see.

I suspect if the OP received a call and my buddy received a call from the same warden then it is likely he's called several folks and will continue to do so this year. This doesn't seem to be standard operating procedure so just wondering why this warden operates that way?
As annoying as it is, I'm just going to 'guess' that with ever reducing numbers, a phone call is easier than running all over the county(ies) and perhaps the new guys are being taught that? No clue, but a guess. :noidea: Having said that, as a rule, I just don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize (I don't need an extended car warranty thank you very little) so the green truck will likely need to add a few more miles for a conversation. I do cut those guys a good bit of slack as it has got to be literally the single most thankless job there is. Not enough money printed for me to do it.....

As annoying as it is, I'm just going to 'guess' that with ever reducing numbers, a phone call is easier than running all over the county(ies) and perhaps the new guys are being taught that? No clue, but a guess. :noidea: Having said that, as a rule, I just don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize (I don't need an extended car warranty thank you very little) so the green truck will likely need to add a few more miles for a conversation. I do cut those guys a good bit of slack as it has got to be literally the single most thankless job there is. Not enough money printed for me to do it.....
Yep much safer and easier to stake out the local deer processor. Plus you don't have to get your tires muddy.

It is all about revenue generation, now. With the move to have at least one bunny cop in every county, the state has made it clear that MONEY is whats important, and they are going to maximize that.

The GW that called me is not new, however, he did just take over the area a few years ago. He is aggressive, and looking to catch "bad guys". I don't have a problem with that at all. I want him to do that. I have met this guy a few times, and never had any problem with him. When I reminded him of where my farm is, and that we had met, he still continued to ask if I was sure that I had called in the deer. Well, I may be getting old, but I'm not senile. Perhaps he should have checked a little harder in the system before he made the phone call.

This may explain his aggressiveness. It seems about 1 in 4 hunters on average in 2019 were non-compliant. I ran across this reminder in the 2020 Georgia e-Regulations:

www.eregulations.com_wp_content_uploads_2020_07_Page23_Top_Botccb97c403471f77dec16f61b2b1ddd5f.jpg

Mark your paper harvest before removing animal from kill site.
Think about it......if you drag that deer to your truck and it’s not recorded on paper or in game check app and warden is waiting at your truck -what do you think he’s gonna do?

My processor told me this year you don’t need to mark your confirmation # down on your ticket st the processor like last year.
The processors were complaining that they should have to do the wardens job for them.

I think the electronic game check in conjunction with the paper harvest record is just a redundancy enacted to confuse hunters into thinking they’re compliant and not by doing one or the other gives the warden an accuse to come down on you.
Game animals property of the king’s dominion ......all as a means to tax us to death, confuse the rules in order to fine you for not complying when you’re out of cell range and your pen freezes up in your backpack cause you can’t mark down your kill at the site so now your sweating bullets cause you see Mr. green jeans leaning on your truck as you approach with bambi.

Mark your paper harvest before removing animal from kill site.
Think about it......if you drag that deer to your truck and it’s not recorded on paper or in game check app and warden is waiting at your truck -what do you think he’s gonna do?

My processor told me this year you don’t need to mark your confirmation # down on your ticket st the processor like last year.
The processors were complaining that they should have to do the wardens job for them.

I think the electronic game check in conjunction with the paper harvest record is just a redundancy enacted to confuse hunters into thinking they’re compliant and not by doing one or the other gives the warden an accuse to come down on you.
Game animals property of the king’s dominion ......all as a means to tax us to death, confuse the rules in order to fine you for not complying when you’re out of cell range and your pen freezes up in your backpack cause you can’t mark down your kill at the site so now your sweating bullets cause you see Mr. green jeans leaning on your truck as you approach with bambi.
I'm sure this type on onerous bureaucracy has nothing to do with the shrinking number of hunters buying tags every year.

I've read through the comments now and am confused, so can someone clarify something for me? I have the GA hunting app on my phone and access my license and tags through the app. Before moving the deer I record the kill and sync it up so that it is recorded on my license via the app.

Do the regulations say I also have to have a paper copy and record it on the paper copy as well?

I've read through the comments now and am confused, so can someone clarify something for me? I have the GA hunting app on my phone and access my license and tags through the app. Before moving the deer I record the kill and sync it up so that it is recorded on my license via the app.

Do the regulations say I also have to have a paper copy and record it on the paper copy as well?

It depends on what the bunny cop had for breakfast

Back
Top Bottom