• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Academy's fails.

Found the other comedian.

No, you're right. If you keep an eye out there are solid deals. It's nice to support ODT members vs armslist/gunbroker/etc

I've gotten and given some deals on here and gon before here.

Some people on here are real traders and some think every item is a freakin gold mine :wacko:

What's wrong with Academy ? It beats the hell out of Wal-Mart. And I know several of y'all still go to Adventure Outdoors. I went in there once and there was enough for me. I had to walk in through the rope corral thing the way THEY wanted me to. Their used guns were priced higher than the new ones. And someone was following me asking to help me the whole time I was in there. They were on me like I was wearing a sign that said THIEF. Then I watched one guy go through the checkout and then another employee within sight of his transaction insisted on looking in his bag on his way out. **** them people!

I’d go to Academy before I went to Adventure Outdoors.

Adventure Outdoors is located in a scummy area. Run down, and a disproportionate amount of crime, from what I read in the newspaper and read online. I can understand why they take offensive, insulting, extraordinary measures to stop shoplifting.
Remember, even GUNS are shoplifted from gun stores! It happens, for real. That's how the black man/ teen snipers, Boyd and Malvo, got the AR-15 that they used in their killing spree around D.C. several years ago. They shoplifted it. A damn rifle... they snuck it out the front door when nobody was looking.

I'm still offended every time I go to A/O and they treat me like a potential thief.
But, sometimes I'll put up with it, if they have the right gun for the right price.

Adventure Outdoors is located in a scummy area. Run down, and a disproportionate amount of crime, from what I read in the newspaper and read online. I can understand why they take offensive, insulting, extraordinary measures to stop shoplifting.
Remember, even GUNS are shoplifted from gun stores! It happens, for real. That's how the black man/ teen snipers, Boyd and Malvo, got the AR-15 that they used in their killing spree around D.C. several years ago. They shoplifted it. A damn rifle... they snuck it out the front door when nobody was looking.

I'm still offended every time I go to A/O and they treat me like a potential thief.
But, sometimes I'll put up with it, if they have the right gun for the right price.
The ONLY thing I saw a deal on when I was there was a palate of 7.62×54 in the spam cans. But I will admit that they had a helluva lot of guns. Maybe 2 to 3 times the inventory of any shop down here. But it's still not worth it.
I was in the area up there killing time while my son was at Dave and Busters. So I don't know the area at all. But it reminds me of a guy that opened a class 3 shop in south Macon over 10 years ago. I believe it's called Firearms Traders. Talk about a high crime area! It was bad when he first opened but now it's daytime dangerous. Last time I was there you had to get buzzed in though the automatic lock front door. Reminded me of jewelry stores in NYC. It still amazes me that he keeps NFA stuff and consignments locked in there over night.

I was working near there for a while. Would stop buy and kill some time. The staff was pretty much like most other gun stores I thought.

I bought mostly some ammo. The prices were o.k., but nothing I couldn't really meet here if I t tried, mostly classic impulse buying.

The one time I went there purposely to buy something, it was for a used gun they were advertising, an older gun, and the first two clerk's didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about or where it was. It was sort of "well, if you can find it, we will show it too you." They finally got far up enough on the food chain to find someone who at least knew what section of the store it was in. Then it was 50% over value, and they were offended when I asked if that was negotiable. But I didn't get butt hurt over the episode.

come see us, we will let you dry fire (please don't point it at us) and if you are interested in any of our used guns you can test drive them on our range. We were all newbies once so safety infractions are going to happen, advice is free but bad attitudes will be asked to leave.

By testing the trigger do you mean dry fire? If so, there are many local gun shops that do NOT let you dry fire their guns. Adventure Outdoors is one, and I have been told that at Dawsonville G&P one time as well.

Back
Top Bottom