• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Academy's fails.

By testing the trigger do you mean dry fire? If so, there are many local gun shops that do NOT let you dry fire their guns. Adventure Outdoors is one, and I have been told that at Dawsonville G&P one time as well.
I've asked to dry fire at AO before and didn't have a problem. May depend on who you ask.

Adventure Outdoors is located in a scummy area. Run down, and a disproportionate amount of crime, from what I read in the newspaper and read online. I can understand why they take offensive, insulting, extraordinary measures to stop shoplifting.
Remember, even GUNS are shoplifted from gun stores! It happens, for real. That's how the black man/ teen snipers, Boyd and Malvo, got the AR-15 that they used in their killing spree around D.C. several years ago. They shoplifted it. A damn rifle... they snuck it out the front door when nobody was looking.

I'm still offended every time I go to A/O and they treat me like a potential thief.
But, sometimes I'll put up with it, if they have the right gun for the right price.
It is interesting you mention the security measures. I've had people hand me guns and walk off to help other customers or show them guns. I'm not allowed to show more than one gun at a time because of thief's. If a customer wants to compare guns I have to have ANOTHER associate get it out of the case. Apparently a thief took advantage of a distracted associate (probably hadr a partner) and walked out with the gun the associate had handed him.

Go to Gable's in Douglasville. Talk to Rome. Strike up a deal. If I buy a new gun I buy it there. Might be a little more but it is worth to support a local business. I am sure you have a LGS around you. Buy deer corn and golf balls at Academy.

Apparently a thief took advantage of a distracted associate (probably hadr a partner) and walked out with the gun the associate had handed him.

Ask Franklins in Athens how that worked out for them?

Lost 30 + guns that way. Didn't even know it was happening until the thief forgot, and brought one of the stolen guns in to trade on another gun.

But they will let you dry fire the ones that are left.

By testing the trigger do you mean dry fire? If so, there are many local gun shops that do NOT let you dry fire their guns. Adventure Outdoors is one, and I have been told that at Dawsonville G&P one time as well.
I'm in Dawsonville G&P often (my wife says WAY too much!), never had a problem with them. Just depends on who you're dealing with I guess.

Back
Top Bottom