• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Acid Reflux/ GERD

I struggled with it for years, was on acid blocker for about 3 years. It seemed like a survival remedy so I decided to stop medication completely and started strict lifestyle changes.
Sleeping on completely empty stomach(not even water), did a personal research and study of foods that make me feel worse. It wasn't easy but within 2 years I wasn't having reflux anymore, no medication needed anymore, no heartburn.

I have also had bad reflux over the last 2 yrs. I'm taking 20mg twice a day (. Somedays.)
If not ,the best thing I have done is 1 tsp of mustard. Kills it as it's going down. Best home remedy I know.

This is my story, pantoprazole was a life saver, pain so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. Now it's just every so often, especially if I am going out to a nice restaurant. Brown liquor was a killer for me, so is beer to a degree, vodka not so much, but best to avoid it all if you can.

We are all different so check your diet, change your diet if need be. This is coming from a guy who eats at Waffle House twice a week, but no problems.

Good you are paying attention, acid reflux left untreated can cause serious problems

This is my story, pantoprazole was a life saver, pain so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. Now it's just every so often, especially if I am going out to a nice restaurant. Brown liquor was a killer for me, so is beer to a degree, vodka not so much, but best to avoid it all if you can.

We are all different so check your diet, change your diet if need be. This is coming from a guy who eats at Waffle House twice a week, but no problems.

Good you are paying attention, acid reflux left untreated can cause serious problems
Thanks- I was doing great but had some issues after a few late night greasy meals in a row- because I’m stupid and fat and happy feels better than hungry and grumpy.

I’m trying to get back on track.

I was on pantoprazole, it seemed to make my stomach ache, so doc switched me back to Nexium. 40mg

I was on Protonix for a while, then doc switched me to Ranitidine 150mg b.i.d. until it was banned and pulled off the market (I expect to be contacted my some ambulance chasing attorney soon) and now on Famotidine 20mg b.i.d. No problems...problems...probl...

Had reflux, heartburn for years. Lost 15 pounds, quit dipping and chewing (tobacco) and haven't had to take an 'over the counter pink pill' since. Habits caused mine, ie. pigging out, Copenhagen and/or JD's Blend.

I take Pantoprazole twice a day. Works wonders for me. I had esophagus problems causing pressure in my chest , like having a heart attack , take Sucralfate 4 times a day and feel great .

I struggled for several years - this is what worked for me
1. No more soft drinks(maybe one a month). I basically drink water, green tea, black coffee, V8, and milk
2. I mix apple cider vinegar with V8, and with an electrolyte drink powder I mix with water.
3. Limit processed foods.
4. Try to not eat past 7:30, I usually go to bed at 9:30.

I’ve had heart burn for years. Omeprazole is a life saver.
I lost 40lbs. Started mountain biking, quit dipping, cleaned up my diet…. No change in heartburn.

I’m trying Keto now. Been doing it for a month. Lost 18lbs. Tried coming back off the omeprazole and that was a mistake! I might just be a lifer

Back
Top Bottom