• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ACT magazines for P220 Update

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score

ACT-MAG Sig P220 8 RD .45 ACP blued AMS2208B P220B-45-8
Sig P220 8 round .45 ACP magazine with a blued finish by ACT-MAG, now with an even stronger more durable floorplate. ACT-MAG is becoming well known...

Has anyone tried them?

These are half the price of Sig factory mags. They are $17.95, shipping included, from Greg Cote LLC

They never worked as good as OEM in my 3 p220's. They were fine as range mags wi fmj. The follower did not seem to push hollow points up far enough for consistent feeding

Many thanks for the comments, I think I will try the nickle plated ones myself. I fail to see the need for hollow points in a .45.

Sgammo.com has a very good deal on win white box for about $300/1000.

Here is a group I shot yesterday with them (P220 WG) at 15yds six-o'clock hold. Nothing to write home about but not bad for bulk ammo.

My west German sigs have the 7 round mags, so the new ones will hav3e 8round capacity. Thanks again, moose
DSC01152.JPG

Many thanks for the comments, I think I will try the nickle plated ones myself. I fail to see the need for hollow points in a .45.

Here is a group I shot yesterday with them (P220 WG) at 15yds six-o'clock hold. Nothing to write home about but not bad for bulk ammo.

My west German sigs have the 7 round mags, so the new ones will hav3e 8round capacity. Thanks again, mooseView attachment 725812

Amongst many, many other reasons for using hollowpoint ammo in a .45ACP is that it's the only way to get flash-retardant powders......unless you're loading them yourself and have access to that sort of thing.

Also, higher QC on self-defense Ammo means more consistent, reliable, accurate(depending sometimes on what your gun likes) ammunition.

Over-penetration can be an issue with ball ammo, even something as slow as a .45ACP with such a large frontal surface area.

Anyways, just my $.02 worth. Good thing about being an American in Georgia is that you can carry whatever ammo you want!

My west German sigs have the 7 round mags, so the new ones will hav3e 8round capacity. Thanks again, mooseView attachment 725812
Nothing at all bad about that!

Amongst many, many other reasons for using hollowpoint ammo in a .45ACP is that it's the only way to get flash-retardant powders......unless you're loading them yourself and have access to that sort of thing.

Also, higher QC on self-defense Ammo means more consistent, reliable, accurate(depending sometimes on what your gun likes) ammunition.

Over-penetration can be an issue with ball ammo, even something as slow as a .45ACP with such a large frontal surface area.

Anyways, just my $.02 worth. Good thing about being an American in Georgia is that you can carry whatever ammo you want!
Flash retardant, now that's a new one for me. What brand and weight of HP would you recommend?

Honestly, in .45ACP I'm not as picky as I am in other calibers. Like you previously alluded to, it's a big ol' chunk o' lead!

My 2 favorites are both 230grn loads; Speer Gold Dot and Winchester Ranger SXT. I'm currently using the 230grn Gold Dot.

Other excellent loads are Federal Hydra Shok, PMC Starfire (highly underrated), and Remington Golden Saber Bonded (needs to be the Bonded version).

A P220 will feed anything that fit in the magazine, and shoot them all to acceptable accuracy. Buy any of the loads above and you'll be good to go.

Thanks, I just ordered 10 each AMT nickle plated magazines for my P220's from Greg Cote LLC. I called in the order as I did not want to have another account and another password to forget. I'll say this, the guy is not shy and can talk your ear off (not obnoxious, just talkative). I'll let you know about the service.

Back
Top Bottom