• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ads that say "carried but never fired outside the factory"

FredAlert

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
217   3
Reaction score
In the last few weeks I've seen at least three or four ads that mention that a gun has never been fired outside the factory but has been carried
quite a bit ..... I read this kind of thing and just shake my head ... how are you going to trust your life to a gun that you've never shot ... I've bought new, high quality (sig/hk) guns that failed after the first 2-3 rounds in my life time .... lemons happen. I wouldn't trust my life to a gun that I haven't at least blown a few hundred rounds through at minimum to ensure that it is safe/reliable.

I don't understand that either. I don't even trust a pistol in my nightstand unless it's been through at least 200 flawless rounds...preferably with at least half of those being the specific self-defense ammo that will be loaded in it.

I would agree if it was a carry gun. On the other hand, I have guns in my collection that I have never fired.
you would not carry those collectables to protect you and your family. do you?i have more than 27 guns and rifles i have shot every single one about 200 to 300 rounds when i bought them no matter new or used now i might not shoot some of them for years but i can trust them to protect my and my family's life.

I don't understand that either. I don't even trust a pistol in my nightstand unless it's been through at least 200 flawless rounds...preferably with at least half of those being the specific self-defense ammo that will be loaded in it.

agreed!!

Yeah, not carrying anything until I've tried every mag I have for it & all the different types of ammo I have in my stock

I definitely want to break in a gun before carrying it to make sure it doesn't have a flaw or just happen to not like a certain type of ammo. I had an LCP once that would cycle most ammo, but Federal hydrashocks would hang up as soon as I let the slide go forward.

Back
Top Bottom