• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors painted my gun the wrong color. Why I'm upset.

DJBuff247

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
623   0
Reaction score
I took a 1911 to Adventure Outdoors to be duracoated and it took them over 4 weeks to get it done. When I came to the store today and they brought it out I was shocked to see it had been painted the wrong color. I ordered semi-gloss black and they painted it a flat charcoal grey. On top of that they lost the grips I gave them to replace, when the painting was complete.

I explained to the gunsmith, that it did not look anything close to semi gloss and he said "I thought so too, but I checked the bottle and it said semi-gloss, so it must be right". I then asked how much are they going to charge me for painting my gun the wrong color. $210.00, I refused to except the gun in it's current shape. I was so mad I just walked out the store to calm down.

Am I wrong for being upset? What should I do, talk with management? I believe I am justified in asking for the gun to be repainted at no extra expense to me, but is this reasonable, or too much to expect? Has anyone dealt with AO before, what would be my best course of action?

I would appreciate any advice from fellow members.

Thanks
Dwayne

Which gunsmith did you deal with? What does your invoice say on it? They have 3. I would get with Eric Wallace and let him know what happened. I would be pissed as well. You still have my number?

Last edited:
Dude, I'd be pissed too! I've dealt with AO before, but not really to correct an issue. They have been horrible to work with IMO. I would definitely ask to speak to a manager. You would like to think they will try to rectify the situation. I'm not sure I would trust AO with a project like this one. I go there only to put a gun in my hand that I can't find elsewhere to see if I like it or if they have the cheapest price. Have yet to buy a gun from them though. I'll avoid giving them any business if I can. I just don't like the way they treat customers.

Knowing the reputation of that place why in the HELL did you ever take it there to begin with? I can only see this getting uglier.good Luck with those buffoons

SPEAK w/ management, they'll work with you to make it right. Was there any documentation or spec. sheet you referenced when dropping it off to confirm the color?

Back
Top Bottom