• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors painted my gun the wrong color. Why I'm upset.

At this point, you should demand your gun back as-is and for no charge. Then take it somewhere else and have it cerakoted for way less than what they charged you for a less durable finish. I can't believe you are still trying to deal with them and they still have your gun.

m.quickmeme.com_img_ff_ff474ecad3789b6fce6f34f2f6f0a9375efbf61e5536c3968270e56385ba60c7.jpg

I shed a tear for that rare Colt, actually shed a tear. The horror.

Here is a list of firearms you can duracoat/cerakote/refinish: Most AR's, most AK's, Taurus, Rossi, Remington 700's (most of them), Most Savage bolt guns, there's more but this is a good start.

Here is a list of firearms you should never refinish: It if says Colt on the gun then leave it alone, Most 1911's, JM stamped lever actions, browning over under shotguns, most over/under shotguns, If it says Les Baer, Wilson Combat, Ed Wilson or Nighthawk, leave it alone, Smith and Wesson Revolvers, Any world war non-bubbaed rifle or pistol, Pre 69 Winchester rifles, Anyone please feel free to add to this list.

Please add to lists, now that I am thinking about it, this is a good public service announcement.

I had a black DE50 painted two tone silver, does that offend? DE50 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom