• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Adventure Outdoors

I've never had a problem there so I'm not real sure. I don't shoot indoors and I don't flip my **** when the people at Walmart want to see my receipts either.
Is it more crowded these days? I get a little higher strung in crowds. Maybe that's whats going on. Also, the owners can't run the place from the floor anymore and you can't be as personal from upstairs. I've ran into the same problems on a smaller scale myself. Customers like talking to guy with his name on the door and employees care less because their name's not on the door.
Hell I don't know man, but they're good people trying to run a business. It's commercial and not personal anymore but that's growth for you.
True. I also take into consideration the amount of people who are clueless that they have to deal with when it comes to firearms. They have no idea if your one of them.

I'm glad they are around and so close, it's nice having a showroom to visit. They do carry quite a few less commonly seen guns and that is nice to see sometimes. And they usually have a nice collection of shotguns and lever actions. I am one of the minority these days that likes wood on the firearms I buy and collect there is way too much plastic in most store collections.

Last time I was there I asked the guy at the scope counter to look at a specific Nikon optic with BDC for my 300bo… since they have the app and suppressed 300bo drops fast suppressed… he said “oh don’t get that… you should just get a black powder scope…” that was the last time I was there a few years ago haha

I'm glad they are around and so close, it's nice having a showroom to visit. They do carry quite a few less commonly seen guns and that is nice to see sometimes. And they usually have a nice collection of shotguns and lever actions. I am one of the minority these days that likes wood on the firearms I buy and collect there is way too much plastic in most store collections.
I’m with you on the plastic. I saw a M1 Garand on here a few weeks ago. Somebody had painted it black. Why I can’t tell you. I’m on the market for one. I’m just not paying out rages prices or driving over an hour.

I did post once that I’d never cross their threshold again, but, I lied…
I went in one day and they had an HK45C that I wanted to touch. I’d been looking for one. During the height of COVID s**t and they said “no feely “ so I copped an attitude and left. Found one at another local and could play with it so I bought it. I got over the butt hurt and have been back a couple of times. They have a vast inventory and I can usually find what I’m looking for.

I did post once that I’d never cross their threshold again, but, I lied…
I went in one day and they had an HK45C that I wanted to touch. I’d been looking for one. During the height of COVID s**t and they said “no feely “ so I copped an attitude and left. Found one at another local and could play with it so I bought it. I got over the butt hurt and have been back a couple of times. They have a vast inventory and I can usually find what I’m looking for.

Like a drug dealer. They got us.

I've never had a problem there so I'm not real sure. I don't shoot indoors and I don't flip my **** when the people at Walmart want to see my receipts either.
Is it more crowded these days? I get a little higher strung in crowds. Maybe that's whats going on. Also, the owners can't run the place from the floor anymore and you can't be as personal from upstairs. I've ran into the same problems on a smaller scale myself. Customers like talking to guy with his name on the door and employees care less because their name's not on the door.
Hell I don't know man, but they're good people trying to run a business. It's commercial and not personal anymore but that's growth for you.
I just bought a pistol from them yesterday and they even priced matched another brick and motar store. Saved me 110.00 and a drive to Gainesville! Even the check out was faster than their normal 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom