• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice needed from those who know Ford trucks

Very small hole, like 1/8 or less. People have put some very large valves on the tanks that are unnecessary. I did it to my 2015 as well. The water wasn't as bad because they tilted the intercooler more.

I agree with the other guys. It's a bad plug or a bad coil. You can find out with a simple load test if you have the right comp. to do it.

"When accelerating uphill , under load suddenly."

Sounds like water in your intercooler and the engine is gulping it down under load up hill. Normal if there's a lot of water in it. Drill a "small" drain hole in the bottom of one of the end caps, start it and be amazed.
Ummmm. Drilling a hole in an intercooler is not a good idea in my world. That’s boosted air. Unless they have some sort of intercooler I don’t know about.

If your engine is “gulping” water, you are going to have more issues than a flashing dash light.

Ummmm. Drilling a hole in an intercooler is not a good idea in my world. That’s boosted air. Unless they have some sort of intercooler I don’t know about.

If your engine is “gulping” water, you are going to have more issues than a flashing dash light.

Not only is it boosted air it's metered air.

Not for everyone as he might need a tune up. The water thing happens and there's been valves, holes, covering part of the intercooler. Just look it up, it does what he describes.
By all means he should go get a scan too which will probably show multiple cylinder misfires.

Back
Top Bottom