• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

advice on a seized firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious to know how your Glock got into the conversation with the police? If it was me: "My buddy was cleaning HIS Ruger and shot himself" and my buddy better not say chit about touching MY gun.
I thought of that too but none of his firearms are of the same caliber. plus i'm not trained for the heat of the moment. there was a great deal of panic and WTFs!! :)

Hello good folks of ODT, I come to you with this rather little glitch i encountered recently. So, my firearm was involved in a negligent discharge last week; a friend of mine mucked around and grazed his hand. All said and done, took him to the emergency room, got him patched up and right before he was discharged, here goes procedure bs; a dekalb co. officer came through, asked few questions, did his report and next came a detective who insisted on seizing my firearm for few days; said it was 'protocol' or some bs like that.

anyways, now the lady at the property room where my firearm is held is saying i need a release form from the det. if i don't have a receipt for my firearm; which i don't. I bought it here from a fellow ODT and have a BOS. the Det. does not answer/return his phone at all.

what can/should I do?

thanks in advance

join the nra then ask for their help

i am a NRA member but didn't think of that.

on a side note, its safe to say my issue is resolved and thanks to those who offered their 2cents.

closing thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom