advice on a seized firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I just got off the phone with the Sgt. at the precinct - explained to him everything and 'somehow' got transferred to the detective i've been trying to get a hold of in days. now he's faxing the release form to property room and was told i can pick it up w/ my BOS anytime tomorrow.

I will keep ya'll updated though. i do highly appreciate everyone's prompt .02. going up the ladder seems to have hit the spot.

Last edited:
Just curious, why did you not clear the weapon? Sorry but I have some friends I don't trust my guns around because of experience level, letting them handle a loafed gun when not shooting is bad juju

Just curious, why did you not clear the weapon? Sorry but I have some friends I don't trust my guns around because of experience level, letting them handle a loafed gun when not shooting is bad juju
he had few of his Ruger out and was cleaning up. you would think any non-rookie (in their right mind) handing a firearm should apply safety basics prior to anything and many, if not, most will agree that it becomes a habit after a while. my glock was never part of his adventure; if it was, no matter his experience, i would've clearled it prior to handing it over. it was loaded and holstered on myside of the couch minding it own business. I stepped out on the patio for a phone call and next thing you know, i hear a BANG! the rest was like a vivid dream. I was throwing up for a GOOD while asking myself "what if" the projectile had ricocheted and went somewhere fatal or some like that.

Last edited:
Negligent discharges happen to the best of us. Glad no one was seriously injured. It should serve as a good lesson for all parties involved. Like others have said in the past, there is nothing louder then the sound of a gun going off when it shouldn't or the sound of it not going off when it should. Good luck with your dilemma and have fun ragging on your buddy for the rest of his life.

I'm just curious to know how your Glock got into the conversation with the police? If it was me: "My buddy was cleaning HIS Ruger and shot himself" and my buddy better not say chit about touching MY gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom