• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Advice on Beaver problem.

Here is a trapping site that gives an indication of the value of beaver byproducts.

Maybe an advertising campaign "Eat More Beaver"

I was the lead service technician at Atlanta National Golf Club in Alpharetta. It was a Pete Dye course and a PGA rated course all year round. It had to be kept up meticulously to keep the Pete Dye Legacy going. The head Greenskeeper that hired me left and the assistant Greenskeeper took over. Well to put his mark on the course he wanted to plant 24 trees along the creek to make the course a little more difficult as it wasn't difficult enough because it's the most difficult course in Atlanta. Well he had to get Pete Dye out to approve the changes and it was a big deal. They had to fly him into Florida put him up for a couple of days for him to come out assess the changes and approve them. So all that was done and he approved the changes.

Well Tim Cunningham went out purchased the trees brought in these big heavy machines that took big scoops of Earth out and then put the trees in place and then the root ball was covered and then they went on to the next. They did that 24 times it took Wednesday Thursday and Friday to get all that done. Needless to say the expense was enormous. They had to purchase these three four five year old trees, rent all the equipment and the people to come in and operate that equipment. After the day ended on Friday we went home for the weekend well I said it was a weekend I had Saturday off but I had to work Sunday to set the greens mowers up for Monday morning and make any quick repairs on major equipment that needed to be ran the next day. When I got in Sunday morning I took a ride out on the course to check the greens mowers to make sure everything was going to plan and a beaver or some beavers had chewed through every tree and left about a foot and a half stump all the way down the creek. They drug the trees into the creek to make a dam. How they did that I could not tell you it must have been a team of them at work. I started laughing and I did not stop laughing till Wednesday. When I first saw it I laughed so hard I cried and I couldn't even drive the cart for about 30 minutes I was laughing so hard. Needless to say the course did not approve replacement.🤣🤣

eradicate the beaver or pull the dam down and let them rebuild they will keep rebuilding over and over if it floods the pressure will take it down and they will rebuild they need something todo

FTFY :)

We had a similar problem (25 acre lake with 12 homeowners) but luckily we had a homeowners association.
We had some real tree huggers so we voted to have them trapped & relocated (they were fun to watch but those guys can cut a lot of timber in a short period of time). I think they were $125 a piece 15 years ago and one old turd actually counted them up to keep the trapper honest... Relocating them may keep your neighbors happy?
So you trapped and relocated the tree huggers?

Back
Top Bottom