• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Advice on Beaver problem.

But seriously, hit the pocketbook angle. Forming the argument is simple. Beaver dams are a localized environmental problem causing improper flow, sediment accumulation, stagnation. That will lead to die off of native species, algal blooms, increased risk of disease for the residents due to localized increase in mosquito borne illnesses, unsafe water quality of the pond differentially impacting kids who are more likely to be exposed to the water. All this of course results in net lowering of housing values for adjacent properties but all addressable for a net cost per household of X.

For X, get a quote or two for pond dredging and divide by number of adjacent properties. Remind them it's not a one time charge.....coexisting with the beavers will require dredging, erosion control, insect control, possibly installation and maintenance plus operational costs for an aeration system to keep the water from stagnating.

Close with this. Hell, I personally love beavers! I think we as a neighborhood should absolutely commit to supporting our new neighbors with ongoing health and safety measures and the meager cost of $16,782 per household per year is a small price to pay for that privilege. I'm willing to write my check for this year right here, right now. Who's with me??

But seriously, hit the pocketbook angle. Forming the argument is simple. Beaver dams are a localized environmental problem causing improper flow, sediment accumulation, stagnation. That will lead to die off of native species, algal blooms, increased risk of disease for the residents due to localized increase in mosquito borne illnesses, unsafe water quality of the pond differentially impacting kids who are more likely to be exposed to the water. All this of course results in net lowering of housing values for adjacent properties but all addressable for a net cost per household of X.

For X, get a quote or two for pond dredging and divide by number of adjacent properties. Remind them it's not a one time charge.....coexisting with the beavers will require dredging, erosion control, insect control, possibly installation and maintenance plus operational costs for an aeration system to keep the water from stagnating.

Close with this. Hell, I personally love beavers! I think we as a neighborhood should absolutely commit to supporting our new neighbors with ongoing health and safety measures and the meager cost of $16,782 per household per year is a small price to pay for that privilege. I'm willing to write my check for this year right here, right now. Who's with me??

Diminishing property values always resonate at HOA meetings, especially when the county is already hiking up taxes on what they view as increasing property values. If this don't shake people for action, not much will.

Move...because your neighbors are most likely a bunch of f-ing granola crunching Brandon-voting transplants from California, New York, or some other commie-loving s-hole and they couldn't bear to hurt the cute little furry creatures...besides...you're just a dumb, right-wing gun nut who wants to put a Walmart where the beaver dam is and you HATE nature and are a big meanie!!!
(Yes-I'm kidding....sort of)....

Thanks guys for the good info and a few good laughs. Most of the people are actually good small town people. Just a few of the ladies like the cute beavers and can’t see past that part of of it to see the problems they are causing. Maybe if the husbands were taking care of the beavers right they wouldn’t get so angry! 😂 sorry I had to get one joke in.

Back
Top Bottom