• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aero ARs opinions and shared experience

I agree with cmshoot. Using their parts in a build where you can inspect and put calipers on them then all is good. I use their ultra light weight scope mounts and love them. However when it comes to internals I tend to step up a few grades. I have two rifles now with the AERO receivers and they turned out great. Really go shooting. I believe people don't realize just what AERO started out as. They were a contract builder of jet and aerospace aeronautical really precise parts builders. They know what there are doing when it comes to milling parts. Of course just like anything else they will put out a bad part now and then. Quality control just can't catch them all.

The norm for quality control is a certain number of parts out a large quantity. If those pieces are good then they let the lot go. So there will be a few pieces in the lot that are out of spec. It's just a numbers game at that point. It happens to every manufacturer out there no matter what the name on the side of the receivers is. If I was buying a pre built rifle I would take it out of the box and inspect it real closely before I pulled the trigger. Not just them but any gun you buy. It's a real good idea to do it. I have friends that have built guns out of nothing but Aero parts and theirs turned out jam up and real idea. One did use a White oak Armor.

I agree with cmshoot. Using their parts in a build where you can inspect and put calipers on them then all is good. I use their ultra light weight scope mounts and love them. However when it comes to internals I tend to step up a few grades. I have two rifles now with the AERO receivers and they turned out great. Really go shooting. I believe people don't realize just what AERO started out as. They were a contract builder of jet and aerospace aeronautical really precise parts builders. They know what there are doing when it comes to milling parts. Of course just like anything else they will put out a bad part now and then. Quality control just can't catch them all.

The norm for quality control is a certain number of parts out a large quantity. If those pieces are good then they let the lot go. So there will be a few pieces in the lot that are out of spec. It's just a numbers game at that point. It happens to every manufacturer out there no matter what the name on the side of the receivers is. If I was buying a pre built rifle I would take it out of the box and inspect it real closely before I pulled the trigger. Not just them but any gun you buy. It's a real good idea to do it. I have friends that have built guns out of nothing but Aero parts and theirs turned out jam up and real idea. One did use a White oak Armor.
The truth has been spoken, close thread now

I think they are pretty average.
The quality is higher the the lower/middle tier stuff (Anderson, spikes, etc) but they don't resell very high despite that.

Back
Top Bottom