• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

After bump stocks, will "pistol braces" be next?

Does it anger me when we lose anything related to our weapon ownership rights, yes it does, but the cold hard truth is that James Madison and his contemporaries were not referring to gimmicky range gadgets that no military on earth would deploy for use in any offensive or defensive situation, ever.

I’m staying focused on protecting real weapons that offer us the equivalency necessary to defend ourselves and/or our nation from enemies both foreign and domestic.
With that argument you could say they were only referring to muskets. Which is the exact argument of the left.

But that's besides the point. The ATF shouldn't be able to make law. As the law stands bump fire stock are completely legal. The NRA has encouraged the ATF to misinterpret the law. If ever there was a slippery slope on the 2A that is definitely it. Giving an unelected government branch the power to make law.

IMG_0830.JPG

Does it anger me when we lose anything related to our weapon ownership rights, yes it does, but the cold hard truth is that James Madison and his contemporaries were not referring to gimmicky range gadgets that no military on earth would deploy for use in any offensive or defensive situation, ever.

I’m staying focused on protecting real weapons that offer us the equivalency necessary to defend ourselves and/or our nation from enemies both foreign and domestic.

And once again it's not about the "gimmicky range gadgets that no military on earth would deploy". It's about the door that gets opened to banning firearms by banning that gadget.

Besides - that "gimmicky range gadget that no military on earth would deploy" would not exist were it not for the Unconstitutional restriction that is placed on full auto firearms. You know - a "real weapon" that gets no "protecting" from so called firearm owners...

Braces would be on the list I'd imagine, another fool accessory to try and bypass the regs.

Any of these types of device that are obviously designed to bypass current legislation are prime fodder for the anti gun crowd.

I believe that every time there is a Gun shooting the LEFT will want something else Taken Away from Gun Law Abiding citizens. The NRA, blew it with there agreeing to any GUN concessions!!

If we give in now the LEFT will carry out more mass shootings just like Vegas to get the agenda pushed through all the way to confiscation. The LEFT does not value anyones life. Much more is at stake than bump stocks. Do not doubt it for a moment.

With that argument you could say they were only referring to muskets. Which is the exact argument of the left.

2A says nothing about muskets, nor did I. The point of the 2A is that we should have access to the same as the military we might have to assist or God forbid repell! Back then, muskets. Today, M4s. In the future, pulse rifles....

As for lawsuits over pistol arm braces (stocks), the thing is they don’t really increase a gun’s lethality over a carbine, and they make a pistol LESS concealable and less portable.
I can’t imagine a bad guy getting a higher body count though the use of an arm brace.
Plaintiffs in a lawsuit have the burden of proof.

Back
Top Bottom