• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

aftermarket Glock safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not carry on a belt holster. Its in a soft holster to car and back, and when in car, out of holster in a designated place.When in home not in holster, when in the moutain home out of holster,I am too active to wear one when on body unless in the woods or bad part of town.

If it helps, at home I seldome have it on my belt either. It goes from a holster beside the bed to one of these:

View attachment 143932

And then travels everywhere I do until I do holster it for travel. I took the metal belt clip off the holster and it works just fine.

Perhaps the Glock isn't the right gun for you. Lots of other options available that have or can have safeties including the M&P and XD.

Pretty much, My guns are both stored loaded, in a holster to prevent an accidental discharge, in a keypad safe to secure them from my son. I'm not putting a safety on my gun.

Perhaps the Glock isn't the right gun for you. Lots of other options available that have or can have safeties including the M&P and XD.

Dumb as it sounds, the extra safety in a xd is why I like them better. Plus, its comforting to the girlfriend knowing something besides the trigger safety has to be pressed to go bang

Sorry but but that's weak sauce...too active?

You definitely need more training and a better holster. I agree with your wife, you are doing too much unnecessary gun handling.

When you go out do you leave it in the car?

how would you know what training I need or have? I guess I will leave it at home from now on and just hope I do not need it. You do not know what my work entails, or if and when I can take it everywhere. Such a broad statement without any facts. Yup, too active to wear one all the time. In and out of car and you know as well as I, not all places will acccept the gun toting crazies.So simple transport hand carry works for me. I hope that is ok with you.

Wow,

All I asked was if anyone has used or knows if it works , I get advice to divorce my wife.All guns that I grew up with had physical safties.We all know to keep finger off trigger when not shooting, but when moving, transporting any firearm day to day there is always a chance of wrong thing happening at any given moment.

So, you should understand from that feedback that this is a stupid idea. If you want a gun with a safety, trade into an Xd/XDm or M&P. Why try and change the function of a gun when there are plenty out there with multitudes of safeties.

Really? You think so? I don't. My wife and I had discussions over the guns situation, then arguements, then I put my foot down. Oh, I paid for it on other areas to make up for it, but I wouldn't budge on that issue. I just can't see me beat down while my wife gets raped and we both get murdered because she can't adapt her delicate sensibilities to meet reality. Now, she HAS adapted and can shoot as well as me(sometimes better). She carries a Kahr PM40(which has no external safety. just like a Glock) and has a Glock 27 for her bed stand. Because I wouldn't budge on that one particular issue, I now have backup in an emergency and when I'm at work I fell reasonably confident that she can handle it if someone kicks the door in.

So, my comments may seem "a little much" to you but too bad. That's honest and sincere advice from someone with experience with the issue(or at least a similar variation of it).

PS. don't worry about me being a moderator, I can still speak my mind in public threads just like you. As long as I'm not breaking any rules you have no business worrying about my status. If you're getting points it's for breaking a rule.

wow as far as i know bumping twice a day isnt breaking a rule , and to be honest with you my wife hates guns but she knows that if her life is in danger then she will use deadly force , and as far as you just telling people what to do wow , im not saying you cant speak your mind cause you can , but the way you say it is completely different , and i have no business worrying about your status hmm sounds like someone missed their yoga class this morning , sounds to me like your one of those trolls , and someone had the great idea to make you a mod... ill say what i want he asked for advice or any help with the product not your marriage advice so , why cant you give the info he was looking for ohh wait cause you dont have any thats why .. and your a mod bad idea you should be demoted from you high horse .. all mighty mod. and if you dont like what i have to say then too bad right just like you said... i find it funny that he asked for advice on the product and you give him divorce advice..... my wife has a glock 26 and she knows not to put her finger on the trigger unless she has too so maybe we should give you a cookie for all the great knowledge you have given us to day oh im sorry you didnt ... no cookie for you

erkinator,
I teach firearms for a living & have for several years now.

Most modern guns have done away w/ manual safeties in favor of passive or internal ones for a reason. Manual safeties will get you killed in a lethal force encounter. In most cases it happens within 0'-10' & you will be lucky to get your gun into play much less find/ release a small safety that takes THOUSANDS of repetitions to perform consistebtly under pressure.

Good safety techniques ("finger off of the trigger till you're on target & ready to fire" & "never let the muzzle cross anything you are not ready to kill or destroy" are universal techniques that work w/ any gun... regardless of whether it has a manual safety or not.

I understand the apprehension & you have to be the one to decide what is best for your circumstances.

Many of our students start out either using manual safeties or keeping the chamber empty (known as carrying "condition 3").
As their training progresses they almost always change their way of thinking & carry like all of the professionals do... people who carry for a living.

In addition to exercising proper safety techniques a good holster that covers the trigger guard & snaps the gun securely into place helps to control the firearm & keep that trigger inoperable until it is needed.
When you or your families lives are on the line & you are re-acting to someone else's aggressive actions, time is measured in micro-seconds & time is a luxury that you just don't have.

Wow,

All I asked was if anyone has used or knows if it works , I get advice to divorce my wife..

Keep in mind sir you also asked for opinions..you'll learn soon not to open that door around here :p

If it makes you or your wife more comfortable then do it. My only word of advice is to remember that it's one more step which could be equal to one more second under stress. I've been dealing and training with glocks for too long. For me personally, that would trip me up and get me injured or killed, which could lead my family/friends/loved ones into suffering the same fate.

erkinator,
I teach firearms for a living & have for several years now.

Most modern guns have done away w/ manual safeties in favor of passive or internal ones for a reason. Manual safeties will get you killed in a lethal force encounter. In most cases it happens within 0'-10' & you will be lucky to get your gun into play much less find/ release a small safety that takes THOUSANDS of repetitions to perform consistebtly under pressure.

Good safety techniques ("finger off of the trigger till you're on target & ready to fire" & "never let the muzzle cross anything you are not ready to kill or destroy" are universal techniques that work w/ any gun... regardless of whether it has a manual safety or not.

I understand the apprehension & you have to be the one to decide what is best for your circumstances.

Many of our students start out either using manual safeties or keeping the chamber empty (known as carrying "condition 3").
As their training progresses they almost always change their way of thinking & carry like all of the professionals do... people who carry for a living.

In addition to exercising proper safety techniques a good holster that covers the trigger guard & snaps the gun securely into place helps to control the firearm & keep that trigger inoperable until it is needed.
When you or your families lives are on the line & you are re-acting to someone else's aggressive actions, time is measured in micro-seconds & time is a luxury that you just don't have.

GOOD post this guy is +1 as well he gave his 2 cents without and marriage advice.. good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom