• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK not resetting the hammer

So if you cycle by hand (even keeping the trigger pulled all the way back and holding) - the hammer resets?

But doesn't reset when actual firing?

I'm with @Jackie Graham on this one.

<----- Not an AK armorer!

Yup. I keep the trigger pulled in and it works fine. Like I said this is my first AK but when I had the cover up I noticed its hard to pull back on the piston. Like you can do it slow and gentle you have to do it like a man.

I'm about to get the stock trigger and take some internal pics as well. Give me a few mins.

Heres the pics. I cant tell if the disconnector isn't installed correctly. I noticed the retaining plate can't rest up against the receiver though or else the trigger binds, can't move it, so you can see its pulled away from the receiver, is that normal? I think theres a groove there.

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20170106_193101_zpsfj9tt6k4.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20170106_193118_zpsbt5nsen9.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20170106_193259_zpsjdm1f5rm.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20170106_193305_zpsl3fc3zsy.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20170106_193320_zpsqih0ppz1.jpg

Factory hammer in my hand compared to the ALG
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20170106_193411_zpsywzzxdpt.jpg

So I looked at that retainer plate again and I notice when I push the hammer down slow it hits the ledge of the plate. I thINK I'm going to grind that down to give the hammer more clearance and see if that fixs it. The hammer goes back but not enough for the disconnector to catch it. I'm thinking the bolt slides back enough to extract and feed a new round but it doesnt push it pass that ledge.

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20170106_230512_zpsuid1n6gf.jpg

I would check the disconnector. It sounds like when you changed the trigger out you may not have installed the new one correctly.
I agree. If your hammer is just riding back up on the back of the bolt carrier when you fire a round then it's the disconnecter not catching the hammer when you fire it. And when it rides back up on the rear of the bolt carrier it doesn't hit the firing pin hard enough to fire the next round which is what keeps it a semi only.

Hope that does the trick.

Can't believe they made that part like that!

I'm sure they make it to regular spec or their G2 trigger. If you notice the picture with the ALG and the factory hammer the factory one has shorter "wings" so I'm sure clearance wasn't a problem.

Back
Top Bottom