• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK not resetting the hammer

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
What causes this to happen? Gas issue or FCG issue? I took my AK out for the second time ever and its still having the same problem. It fires, extracts and chambers a new round but it doesn't reset the hammer. It does this every shot except once today when I was able to get off 2 shots. Gun is a M92 PAP. Modifications are ALG AK Trigger and Tapco retaining plate which I installed before shooting it originally, which in hindsight may not be the best route to take. That said I'm sure its something that can be fixed, just not sure where to start.

Check the trigger pins. If the pin retainer spring or plate is not installed correctly, these pins can walk out. Found that out on my Wasr after cleaning. I had installed the retaining spring incorrectly.

I would check the disconnector. It sounds like when you changed the trigger out you may not have installed the new one correctly.

Will do and its quite possible. This is my first time working on an AR. I watched Geissele's install video but was still a little fuzzy.

The hammer profile may not be tall enough to be pushed down into the dis connector by the bolt carrier.

Have you checked to make sure you have a dis connector spring installed?

be aware this may cause doubling/ trippling from the gun.

Could you post pics of the factory hammer next to the ALG?

Back
Top Bottom