• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alpha Foxtrot

Moe_Fugga

Default rank <4000 posts
Also likes turtles.
145   0
Reaction score
Curious if anybody has in depth experience with an Alpha Foxtrot 1911. They look nice and feel nice, but I have reserves after reading about some issues on the internets. Particularly failure to feed, failure of slide to lock back, sights falling off, and possibly some accuracy issues. I’ve seen a few floating around here, but not many comments. Thanks :grouphug:

They are right down the street from my shop. Super nice guys. They brought by some of their pistols. I like their little double stack that takes shield arms glock 43x mags. Would love to carry their guns if I could get decent trigger time behind one. Actually, got a couple of their AR barrels to keep in stock for builds.

Just picked up their 1911-s15 gen 2 bobtail, fit/ finish / machining on it is beautiful. Range gave me free 50 rounds to shoot through it and no issues whatsoever and lock back every time. Im not the greatest shooter but the best way to describe shooting it is it just felt easy. I've had many staccatos and I dare to say it's built better than them fitment wise. Around $1,200 for the Alpha foxtrot s-15 vs $2,000-$3,000 for a staccato, it's a nice pistol. I'd say the only thing the staccato has going for it over this is lighter weight due to the polymer frame and their triggers are slightly better. The s-15 so far has no wall to it which I've learning seems to be called a rolling break. Interesting to feel and get used to but not bad.

Back
Top Bottom