• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"always ask if there is a gun in the house"

have you been asked or asked this?

• No

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • yes

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • tacos

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
id ask them to be more specific

soldering gun, caulking gun, nail gun?

Grease gun?
2010-03-16_201827_m3-grease-gun.jpg

I don't like visitors in my house. They might hurt themselves.

Last edited:
Resurrection?

If my stuff ain't locked up its on my person but my kids are well trained from a young age about gun safety.
At first it was just the don't touch, one stand guard while the other tells a parent but now the same rules apply but they are very familiar with shooting them as well.

I wouldn't ask, and I'd be personally slighted if I were asked. The key here is to demysitfy weapons to children. An informed child is going to treat a weapon with immense respect. As a boy, I always did. As a man, I always will.

My kids doctor always ask are there firearms in the home

Our pediatrician asked if we had guns in the house years ago at a routine checkup, before I could say anything my son blurted out, Oh yeah we have at least 50 right dad. After that, I told my kids never tell anyone how many guns we have.

Well, in pre teen logic they interpreted that to mean don't give an actual number. So a few months later my son spent the night at a friends house and the next day the other dad was dropping him off and he started asking about shooting and I told him that yeah we have an old shotgun and a couple of 22's that we like to shoot every once in awhile. He laughed and said I bet you do, your son said you have so many guns he can't count them all.

My wife and I have been asked one than once but we both carried firearms daily (her openly) so when company came over I showed the parents the gun safe and gun-vaults. All were Army/Marine officers but they still worried about their kids. I have no issue with it. I think the question was "are all the firearms secure" and my response was come on in and I will set you at ease.

Last edited:
This is how indoctrination through propaganda begins, watch carefully as they have honed their skills a bit but it’s the same avenue of approach gentlemen.

Selective censorship:

The Huffpo is a bastion of liberal bed wetters that bleat non-stop, unable to separate fact from fiction created through emotion. I commend any of you for wading into the cesspool of arcane stupidity. I go there to mostly politely point out fact and reason with sources that contradict baseless opinions but have to take a shower afterwards.

The full story note that Huffpo leaves a lot out, like the gun owner, hunting as well as no comments allowed.

http://www.today.com/parents/one-heartbroken-mothers-plea-other-parents-ask-if-theres-gun-1D79822434

Noah James Daigle, Ashlyn Melton’s son obituary:

“Noah enjoyed hunting and the outdoors; and was a member of the Brusly wrestling team. He never met a stranger and never made anyone feel left out. He was very thoughtful, considerate of others, always helpful, witty and a joy to be around. Noah was blessed with a very large loving family that he loved in return. An 8th-grade student at Brusly Middle and a resident of Addis, he died Friday, Dec. 30, 2011, at age 13.”

http://www.wilbertservices.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1352724&fh_id=11684

Misleading data, purposefully inflated.

The Brady’s Ask campaign seems innocuous but read what they say: In America, one out of three homes with children has a gun, and nearly 1.7 million children live in a home with a loaded, unlocked gun. Every year thousands of kids are killed and injured as a result.

Thousands of children!!!!!! Well sure if they include children up to age 19 and some “studies” include 20 year olds. This is deceptive as most of the “children” being killed are the direct result of criminal activity, often associated with inner city gangs. It sounds a whole lot better to say thousands than a few hundred.

They make it sound horrible like an epidemic but it's one that has steadily fallen despite the dramatic surge of legal weapons sales. Really? Think Eddie Eagle and parents educating their children about guns. Not demanding they be locked up stored separately from the locked up ammunition.

12 year old and below.

i62.tinypic.com_sc7rk9.png

Peds rates by age and OMG race! Guess where the majority is?

i61.tinypic.com_2jfahsn.png

But this is what they want you, the naïve to see to take action!

Off Ask's web page.

i60.tinypic.com_2ldin0z.jpg

If they really wanted to reduce "pediatric" gun violence deaths they would go into inner city ghettos and spend money to offer the children there another option other than gangs, crime, drugs and prostitution. But then that might lower the overall numbers even more, ain't got time for that, the bronchitis is illing me.

http://askingsaveskids.org/about-ask

So what's this really about?

It’s to gain support and momentum to create and pass legislation to mandate every firearm be locked up separately from its locked up ammunition-not easily accessible. This is a milestone of gun control enacted in Washington D.C. Get caught with an unsecured firearm or the ammunition, even without children, become a criminal and lose your gun rights you evil stinking gun owner!

The indoctrination tool kit: http://askingsaveskids.org/sites/default/files/ASK-Toolkit_0.pdf

Pamphlets of propaganda, keep all guns locked up and all ammunition lock up separately. Statistically puffery and junk science spun to deceive.

i58.tinypic.com_oh1ksi.jpg

Over 3,000 "youths" a year (see what they did there). 2nd leading cause of deaths? Really? Teens and youths from which demographic? Screen out the criminal element and pools kill far more. Note that suicides are included and deaths by club/knife omitted. Not having access does not stop suicide as they will substitute.

http://www.childdeathreview.org/nationalchildmortalitydata.htm

i60.tinypic.com_2znoohs.jpg

Anyone somewhat aware about anti-rights groups are aware of the Brady Campaign and their commitment to erode and attempt to destroy the 2A.

However many are not aware of the AAP and their interest in crime and criminal activities as a matter of "Public Health". Anti-rights groups have failed miserably in the criminology field as it's fraught with facts and scientific reasoning with scrutiny applied to weed out bias.

Not so in the medical field. The approach is as a disease with no favorable outcome, rather than a medicine that can save life but used inappropriately carries inherent risk. No positive impact is addressed. Scientific puffery and junk science produced by biased liberals (Dr. Kellerman-Removed from Emory) and paid for by us, through grants by the CDC.

Dr. Thomas K. McInerny, president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), called for new federal legislation to ban assault weapons sales and the sale of high-capacity magazines, strengthens mandatory waiting periods and background checks for all gun purchases, and promotes strict gun safety policies.

AAP's public policy on "gun violence":

• Enact a strong, effective assault weapon ban;
• Eliminate the gun show loophole and require mandatory background checks and waiting periods before all firearm purchases;
• Ban on high-capacity magazines;
• Enact strong handgun regulations; and
• Require safe firearm storage under federal law.
Reinstating the Assault Weapons Ban, Eliminating the Gun Show Loophole, Safe Gun Storage
Safe gun storage (guns unloaded and locked, ammunition locked separately). In addition, a number of design options have been proposed to decrease the likelihood of unintentional injury by a firearm, as well as limiting access by unauthorized users.
The AAP urges that guns be subject to consumer product regulations regarding child access,
safety, and design. These include trigger locks, lock boxes, personalized safety mechanisms, and trigger pressures that are too high for young children.

http://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/federal-advocacy/Documents/AAPGunViolencePreventionPolicyRecommendations_Jan2013.pdf

Does this sound like non-biased studies through sound scientific measures? Or does it mirror Bloomberg's vision statement? Care to guess?

The ASK Campaign, Asking Saves Kids, a campaign created by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, supported by the American Academy of Pediactics and endorsed by the CDC.

Think of the children you evil gun owning bastards. You're killing the children :evil:

Lastly, when my children were old enough to hang out at the neighbor’s house or sleep over, they were well trained with safe firearms use and could safely handle a firearm. No I didn’t make a point to ask but have stumbled into as the adult conversation moved to hunting, shooting and self-defense. I don’t try to convert my kid’s friend’s parents.

You don't protect your children by not educating them to the risk and benefits of the tools they will require to ensure their success and safety in life.

**** the Brady campaign's ASK indoctrination program. I'll take Eddie Eagle any damn day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom