Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolf six

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
107   0
Reaction score
On the night of December 30, 2011, Noah was shot and killed by his best friend with one of the four guns the friend had laying in his bedroom. They were not locked. The friend picked up the gun and was "playing" around and pulled the trigger. That "playful" action destroyed my life and created a sorrow in me that will never go away.
I'm not even sure that other people completely understand what it feels like to bury your child. Especially when it wasn't because of anything he did or anything you did. It was because of someone else's irresponsibility and poor judgment.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ashlyn-melton/post_7820_b_5517772.html

Have y'all ever been asked this/ do you ask this if your kids are going over to a new friends house?

I never get asked, I assume they know. If my kids are going somewhere to spend the night I ask the parents. If they say no, my kid can't spend the night. That last part was a joke but if my kids travel with anyone;grandparents, friends, etc. I make sure they carry a gun. I've even sent out a loaner to the beach before.

One segment of our class covers securing firearms from children or others who do not have permission to handle them.
Those are important topics every gunowner should consider & have a plan for.

I don't have any kids so I voted tacos. I feel sorry for that lady though(and others who have been in the same situation). I can't imagine what that must feel like to bury your child, especially for something that could have been so easily avoided.

I've had a couple of parents to stop letting their kids come over because we're "gun people". I didnt try to change their minds because their kids didnt behave right when they were here anyway......

Most anyone who would be coming in my house already knows the answer. Luckily my kid is only 6 weeks old so she doesn't go anywhere unless accompanied by a gun.

i don't have kids, so take what i say with a grain of salt. i would feel it as my duty to take it upon myself to tell the kids parents visiting my house that i have guns there. they would of course be in a safe except for the one always on my hip.

and if my kid wanted to go to a friends house or a kid came over, i would go over with and meet the parents to introduce myself and talk to them (the issue would come up on its own about guns im sure). i wouldn't want to have my kid going to someones house that i have no clue where it is and the parents dont know me and wouldnt have my phone number in case of an emergency.

thats what i would like to think i would do anyways.

I voted tacos because my son isn't old enough to have friends over yet. I wouldn't mind being asked the question by other parents when that time comes though. My guns are either locked in a safe or secured in a holster on my hip.

Murder charges should be brought against the gun owner in cases such as this. That's one "gun control" law I'd support, so long as they included swimming pools, etc. in there as well.

Back
Top Bottom