• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am guys!...the Wasr 3.

mgreene07

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
59   0
Reaction score
Any info on the Wasr 3? I found one in my LGS. $650 with one of the steel German mags. Everything I read says they’re finicky but, all the videos I’ve watched seem to not have issues. Any advice? Thanks fellows!

So the WASR-3 is a 5.56 WASR... Not generally known for reliability, but I guess we'll see. the mags are really the sticking point with them, since they are really expensive and not known for working 100%.

On the flip side, that's about the same as you will pay for a 7.62x39 WASR, so if it works for you, go for it and write up a review.

I saw this rifle at franklins the other day, good looking rifle that I would have bought if it were 7.62x39.
I just had hesitations due to being 223and my lack of knowledge about this variant.
Let us know how it turns out
Oh yeah it was also the only ak in the store, most of the racks were thinned out bad

I have a couple SAR 3's. I've had no issues with mine but I am using German Wieger mags. Beyrl mags will Not work in a SAR 3 (at least not in the 2 rifles I have). I do not have a circle 10 to try but I would be skeptical it they worked? I know Beryls and circle 10's will work in Arsenal 106's and M85 AK's though.

Personally,Id for go the.556 and get one in what the design was originally intended to shoot.This will insure a good experience and solid performance out of a "rack "grade AK.The very much loved 7.62X39.You will be happier in the end.

Back
Top Bottom