• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ammo Flippers SUCK!!! - Please stop buying from high volume price gougers...

The neighbor may not have given any thought to it at all and will have no clue if you do not talk to him like a good neighbor instead of just stewing about it. RE:free markets, roflmao these conditions (known as a black market) exist because of regulations, price controls, however they are formulated, do not work well if at all and seldom produce the desired affect or outcome.

There is a mountain of leaves in front of this house, right next to a storm line inlet. He's either too lazy to care or too lazy to think about what the implications are. Ahole either way. Regardless, like I said, I've been looking for the parent to be home. I'm pretty sure it was the teen son that did it. I'm pretty sure he's the only one that was home when I was today. I'm not knocking on the door and scolding someone's kid. There's no way for me to talk to this kid without scolding because it's such a blatantly dick move. Like I said, my point is just that it's irritating me. The social dynamics between my neighbor and I really shouldn't matter, LOL.

NWS - What sucks about the drug market? Really? LOL

I agree with you. As Americans our poor have a better lifestyle than many people in the world. Right, governments interfere with the market and we have benefited is all.

Besides the crime which is caused by government intervention, yes really.

Not sure what you mean by crime caused by govt intervention. I think the explanation below pretty much sums up how free markets work.

The drug market in general is not good for anyone. The suppliers work in crappy conditions (meth houses explode). The sellers are targets for abuse by their suppliers. The customers are subject to inferior and sometimes dangerous product (bad meth mix), extremely poor payment plans, and severe consequences for product misuse.

It's pretty much the model for why regulations exist.

I agree with you. As Americans our poor have a better lifestyle than many people in the world. Right, governments interfere with the market and we have benefited is all.
Wealth is infinite. It is not a pie with only so much to go around. For one to succeed another does not have to suffer. Other nations struggle due to corruption and lack of freedom. The west still has corruption, but our freedom and "free markets" help create the prosperity we enjoy. Again, I realise I am being idealistic.

Last edited:
Wealth is infinite. It is not a our with only so much to go around. For one to succeed another does not have to suffer. Other nations struggle due to corruption and lack of freedom. The west still has corruption, but our freedom and "free markets" help create the prosperity we enjoy. Again, I realise I am being idealistic.
With our system where money=debt, there is never enough money to pay back all the debt and interest. Someone is always going to go bankrupt. That's about all I've got tonight I'll have to open a book since I'm not a economics guru.

Not sure what you mean by crime caused by govt intervention. I think the explanation below pretty much sums up how free markets work.

The drug market in general is not good for anyone. The suppliers work in crappy conditions (meth houses explode). The sellers are targets for abuse by their suppliers. The customers are subject to inferior and sometimes dangerous product (bad meth mix), extremely poor payment plans, and severe consequences for product misuse.

It's pretty much the model for why regulations exist.

all of this is a result of laws which force production and distribution into hiding and causes an unskilled criminal workforce with sub standard equipment.

My point was the "free market" which exists in the drug market works well. Producers are able to sell their product for a price which maximizes profit yet keeps product moving at a rate production is able to keep up with. No huge warehouses stockpiling cocaine waiting for product to move., and no huge shortages caused by producers not able to keep up with demand. Supply is controlling demand. As demand increases, the price will as well until greater supply can be created.

Its late late and my brain doesn't work well anymore when I'm bright and fresh much less at 2am. I feel like I am talking in circles and to be honest I am not making sense to myself anymore so I think I will bow out of this one. :thumb:

Basically you have subsidized American cotton farmers here selling in the same market with hand picked cotton farmers in africa and the subsidy drives the price down. Also in there is "economic hitmen" and the video explains some of the world bank stuff. Poor explanation sorry, the video is pretty packed. "They" is the dirt poor African cotton farmers. Even "free" markets aren't exactly free.

A subsidy is not free money. The farm bills our government passes to give money to the farmers is money taken from us in the form of taxes. The government does not create wealth they only redistribute it. NW makes a good point with the drugs and free market at work.

Well, MY wealth is not infinite. Nor, I suspect, is that of most people on here (yourself excluded I take it).

I personally look forward to hearing that the new going rate for a brick of cool 22's is one or two hot 45's. Call it a "market correction". How much more "free market" could anything be?

Well, MY wealth is not infinite. Nor, I suspect, is that of most people on here (yourself excluded I take it).

I personally look forward to hearing that the new going rate for a brick of cool 22's is one or two hot 45's. Call it a "market correction". How much more "free market" could anything be?

Foolish assumptions and childish banter coming from someone with your avatar is quite amusing. Maybe you should rethink your "hobby" if you can't afford it.

Back
Top Bottom