• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammunition question

GlockHead

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
44   1
Reaction score
IMG_3223.JPG
My friend let me have some 38 special ammo he had laying around but some rounds look like this. Some like worse than others. So my question is, will it be safe to shoot this ammunition or should I trash it?

View attachment 1595022 My friend let me have some 38 special ammo he had laying around but some rounds look like this. Some like worse than others. So my question is, will it be safe to shoot this ammunition or should I trash it?

If the primers look OK and they're not his personal hand-loads, clean them up an shoot them.

They're probably fine to shoot but I wouldn't go rapid fire just in case you get a squib.
I'd be more worried about the origin. Are they all factory ammo or are some reloads?

I would take some kind of polish and clean all that crud off. So some doesn't get left behind in the cylinder. Or just clean the gun real good after you are done. I might be stubborn to get the brass out after shooting. Maybe or maybe not, it just depend on how thick the crud is. Not a big concern though.

Back
Top Bottom