• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

An AR15 is an AR15 is an AR15 .................................

i hear ya, it’s just indicative of possible additional corner cutting when it’s not staked or improperly staked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This^^^^

It’s such a simple task and with the right tools, takes little time that if they cannot even do that, what else have they not given a **** about?

Am I the only one who doesn't really care that much about castle nut staking? If its indicative of the quality of the rest of the gun, then sure. However, if everything else is done well and the castle nut staking isn't done well, I don't care. I can stake a castle nut as well as anyone else.

I look at it as indicative of either a lack of knowledge or lack of attention to detail. Either way, not what I want in my carbines.

I’ve seen castle nuts come loose under use when not properly staked. That can cause some serious issues, issues of the “gun won’t work anymore” variety.

Castle nuts are cheap. I stake mine when building them, or swapping out parts. On carbines belonging to students, I’ve restaked ones that were done weakly or staked ones that weren’t done at all.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care that much about castle nut staking? If its indicative of the quality of the rest of the gun, then sure. However, if everything else is done well and the castle nut staking isn't done well, I don't care. I can stake a castle nut as well as anyone else.
It doesn't bother me on the cheaper guns cause you almost expect it. Saves me an end plate when I Cerakote it. It is however a sign that the assembly process wasn't taken seriously.

Back
Top Bottom